cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Friday Deal Question from total Newbie

Cartman1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so I want to order a Google Pixel 3a on Thursday to take advantage of the $150 off of the phone for Black Friday. I'd also like to get the extra Data from the Public mobile Black Friday deal. What do you think the chances are that I'd get the phone and the sim and be able to activate it before the deal ends on Dec 2? I'm in Waterloo if that helps. Sorry for the dumb question.

5 REPLIES 5

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Cartman1 wrote:

Ok, so I want to order a Google Pixel 3a on Thursday to take advantage of the $150 off of the phone for Black Friday. I'd also like to get the extra Data from the Public mobile Black Friday deal. What do you think the chances are that I'd get the phone and the sim and be able to activate it before the deal ends on Dec 2? I'm in Waterloo if that helps. Sorry for the dumb question.

@Cartman1  In Waterloo you can get pm SIM cards at  WOW mobile, the mobile shop at loblaws and Wal-Mart. If you plan on activating a $35+ plan to get the 5gb data bonus....the $40 plan is much better value than the $35 (3.5gb more data for $5) then phone ahead to see if WOW or TMS  will offer a free SIM with activation...they will also sell a SIM card on its own hassle free. If you collect pc optimum points check to see if you have an offer you could use at TMS.

@geopublic wrote:

@Cartman1  if you order the sim from Amazon you can get it in a couple of days or even better just find a retail location and purchase it. You don't have to wait for the phone just activate you card and you should be good to go.

Amazon could even be same day if you're in big city and you have Prime and buy something else to make a $25 order. Otherwise, Prime customers usually get that 2 day delivery you mentioned.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Cartman1  if you order the sim from Amazon you can get it in a couple of days or even better just find a retail location and purchase it. You don't have to wait for the phone just activate you card and you should be good to go.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cartman1 

Technically, you only need to get the SIM card to activate before December 2.  You just need Sim card number to activate.  Don't really need the phone.  

Get the SIm card in store or order online.  In Ontario, you should get the SIM card within 2-3 business day if you order online.  

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Cartman1 

You can walk into a Wal-Mart and get your sim card right now, if you wish You can wait until 30th or so to activate it.

If you have another phone, just use it until your new phone comes along.

Welcome to community and hopefully to public mobile

Don't forget to use referral code for more savings

Cheers

@Cartman1 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.