cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger and cheaper LTE plan.

wobb4321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is there ever gonna be a bigger and more affordable LTE plan? I appreciate the plan I have now but my data at 3g speed is slow. Freedom mobile is offering 10-13gigs for 50 bucks. Now that is more appealing. But I'm loyal and want to stay with public mobile. So please can you make a better LTE plan. I'm gonna switch if I really have to.

13 REPLIES 13

@mojorising wrote:

When I left Freedon Mobile back in January, they sent my last bill straight to a colections agency even though I had autopay! first time ever I had a bill sent to a collections agency. Never again with them.

There have been reported cases of Wind/Freedom Mobile immediately accounts of ported out phone numbers immediately to third-party collections agencies for the value of a the WINDtab/tab balance.  This is despite the fact that had not yet given the customer the bill for this amount, and when there would normally be a grace period for payment of a couple/few weeks before it was considered overdue.  I wonder if this was another case of that. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I left Freedon Mobile back in January, they sent my last bill straight to a colections agency even though I had autopay! first time ever I had a bill sent to a collections agency. Never again with them.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wobb4321 

If you decide to port out of public mobile, whatever you do, DON'T move to freedom mobile - worst carrier ever - dropped calls, bad customer service, overall, an unreliable and frustrating experience.

If you are in a major centre(s) Freedom will be fine for you. If you are in rural areas, or not the major centres, your service will be roaming on Roger's network when not connected to your'Home' network.

I know Freedom is doing a change to the plans and how they roam, but the coverage on Public Mobile is much better on average, and I would recommend staying with one of the Bell or Telus brands (koodo, PM, Virgin, and Lucky included).

If you want more and full LTE, those are your better options.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Triguy you would need to find someone on that plan though to get the deal. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wobb4321 , as @mimmo suggests, you can try out another carrier and come back when a plan/promotion is offered that meets your needs with Public Mobile.  Freedom Mobile's network is not as reliable as the big three (which Public Mobile runs on), so it's not really a direct comparison; Freedom mobile needs to offer more because of their network.  

sheytoon
Mayor / Maire

@wobb4321, what are you using your phone for that causes you to notice slow speeds?

If data allowance is your only concern, I understand, but the speeds are usually not noticeable.

Ice1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

As of now, I don't see any difference in the speeds between LTE  & 3G for what I need (baseic browsing and FB, etc)

So, am not that worried about missing LTE coming from Rogers.

@wobb4321 wrote:

Just want public to match the competition.

Maybe Koodo is your answer if you know somebody Smiley Happy They are currently running a 10GB LTE promo similar to this one.

Edit: Insert the correct link thanks @Triguy 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I doubt public is going to provide any full lte promos. They are competing with chatr and lucky who are strictly 3g speed. 

Full lte promos would mean competing with Koodo, fido and virgin.   If you need more than what public can offer you  can switch. Should a promo happen in the future you can port back. 

wobb4321
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just want public to match the competition.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wobb4321 wrote:

Is there ever gonna be a bigger and more affordable LTE plan? I appreciate the plan I have now but my data at 3g speed is slow. Freedom mobile is offering 10-13gigs for 50 bucks. Now that is more appealing. But I'm loyal and want to stay with public mobile. So please can you make a better LTE plan. I'm gonna switch if I really have to.

If I knew I would, but I don't so I can't.

Need Help? Let's chat.