cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best plan for Apple Watch ⌚️

swingdummy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello fellow community members! What is the cheapest way to keep an Apple Watch (cellular version) connected to the internet? How much internet do you usually use with an Apple Watch? Any other tidbits you can share to help with the purchase for a Public Mobile sim for an Apple Watch (or similar product)?

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 Ill have to edit my reply to.make it clear I was talking about Apple watches. As apple.watches will not.be supported provided the info.from their website.

The Apple Watch does not have a sim slot. It uses a digital eSim built in to the device that your carrier must activate and set up.Nov 9, 2018

@Naepalm wrote:

@swingdummy unfortunately you will not be able to get a plan through Public Mobile. Public does not support watches. 

A smartwatch will work at Public Mobile as a standalone cellular device if it is compatible and has a sim card slot.  There are some that meet these criteria.  The APN settings may need to be manually configured for data usage. 

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@swingdummy 

It looks like the series 3 and 5 can do cellular. But the Public can not do eSIM so I do not believe it is doable. But a workaround is always carrying your iPhone with you and connect it to that to get notifications off the cellular of the phone

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@swingdummy unfortunately you will not be able to get a plan through Public Mobile. Public does not support apple watches that need an esim (edit). 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@swingdummy pm doesmt support  Esim. The watch must have a physical SIM slot. If it doesn't, it can't work here.  Try Telus or Koodo.  Stay safe. 

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry pm does not have e-sims, so it does not work directly on apple watches.

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

In my opinion, get the 8GB Data 50$ plan. You can't go wrong having 8GB if you will use an Apple Watch and iPhone.

I think its the minimum required. Better to have too much data and not need it, than to have not enough Data and need it.

Need Help? Let's chat.