cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell Sim still active, does this get cancelled automatically?

morgancaseley
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, we set up our account two days ago, however, the Bell SIM is still active and I'm not getting my texts on my public mobile account, they are going to the Bell account. Is the Bell account automatically deactivated by Public or what is the process?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@morgancaseley wrote:

Hi there, we set up our account two days ago, however, the Bell SIM is still active and I'm not getting my texts on my public mobile account, they are going to the Bell account. Is the Bell account automatically deactivated by Public or what is the process?

Thanks!

This is going to go against the conventional knowledge about there about number porting, but you may actually neee to contact Bell.  Bell has been specifically known not to release phone numbers until after speaking to the customer. This is a customer retention tactic, although they don't always do this.

morgancaseley

Thanks, I just check the bell account and it is still active. I have sent an email to a moderator, hopefully someone responds soon.

emhunt

Porting from Rogers also took less than an hour to start working correctly. Maybe try going back to a Public Mobile Kiosk to see if they ended up porting it correctly from Bell.

charlesgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported from Fido which took 10 minutes (data was working already) and within two hours my number had completed the transfer.  This automatically cancelled my Fido account but if you want to double check you can try logging into your bell account and it should say that you dont have an account with them.

Hope this helps!

@morgancaseley 

Most likely the port has an error of some sort (either a technical issue or a user error)

The Bell SIM should be totally deactivated (normally very quick, 30 mins or less) but 48 hours is the maximum time it should ever take

@morgancaseley wrote:

Thank you. It's a cell number and I'm using my existing number. I can make phone calls with my public sim and the data works fine. I will wait until tomorrow and if it's still active, I will contact a moderator.

Thanks for the help

@morgancaseley wrote:

Thank you. It's a cell number and I'm using my existing number. I can make phone calls with my public sim and the data works fine. I will wait until tomorrow and if it's still active, I will contact a moderator.

Thanks for the help

You should contact the moderator now as a port shouldn't take this long.  You can still use your Bell sim as that way you won't miss any calls and then when it stops working you can then put in your PM sim as the port will be complete.  

To send a private message to a moderator click this link and describe your issue.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

morgancaseley

Thanks for the help

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@morgancaseley  When the number porting is fully completed then your Bell account will automatically be deactivated. You will not need to contact Bell. You didn't mention if the Bell number is a cell number or land line but land lines do take longer. Give it one more day and if the problem still exists then contact the Public Mobile moderators at this link.  Cheers

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@morgancaseley wrote:

Thanks!

Are you porting your Bell number to Public mobile? If you are, once the port is completed, and you receive a text saying it's successful, your Bell account will be closed automatically.

If you have setup your Public mobile with a new number, Bell will remain active and you would have to call to cancel it.

If you did do the port two days ago, you may need to contact a moderator to see what's going on with the port.

You can contact the moderators here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.