cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Be careful with giving out your PM number as a referral.

@thirstyturtle18, wow, thanks for the heads up on this, that's pretty crazy.  But then again, I'm not sure if this is a normal thing to just give your number to a stranger, hoping to get a credit out of it.  As much as I want to save a buck here and there, but I'm not going to just willfully give any of my info to some person I've never met randomly just to save a buck.  I'd say if this is something people are doing on a regular, then don't get too made when your info is used for something you did not authorize it for.  If CRA, big banks, equifax, and the like are getting hacked for your info, then don't be surprised if there are bad people on these other forums like reddit looking to take advantage of people too.  Suggest limit your referrals to people you know, and/or trust.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Be careful with giving out your PM number as a referral.

I do think referrals should be codes (with a number option still as a fall-back for the closest ones for whom it would be easier to provide our numbers during registration), but also I think the problem is with Koodo here. There are many people who know that my number is with PM and have my number, whether friends, people at work or other casual acquaintances where it pops up during chat (which is also word of mouth marketing for PM, something they'd like to actually encourage). If that fact opened me to any abuse, that is not a normal situation and shows the Koodo process is seriously flawed.

Need Help? Let's chat.