cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Be careful with giving out your PM number as a referral.

@Dunkman wrote:

@thirstyturtle18

Some people are just so inconsiderate and take advantage of others.  On RFD, there was also a public mobile phone number generator that some people were using.  

I hope that your friend is able to get their promo and get Koodo to ban the other person who stole the phone number.  

Another way for Koodo to do these migrations is to include phone number and account number.  That would work better

Phone number and account number is a really dangerous combination.  Together somebody could take your number, not just the migration opportunity.  The safe method is a code.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

@Dunkman wrote:

@thirstyturtle18

Some people are just so inconsiderate and take advantage of others.  On RFD, there was also a public mobile phone number generator that some people were using.  

I hope that your friend is able to get their promo and get Koodo to ban the other person who stole the phone number.  

Another way for Koodo to do these migrations is to include phone number and account number.  That would work better

Phone number and account number is a really dangerous combination.  Together somebody could take your number, not just the migration opportunity.  The safe method is a code.

I don't think he meant giving out the account number for a referral, I think he's suggesting using the account number for the migration promotion, which should only be for the PM account holder to see anyway.

Oracle

@thirstyturtle18, I would be interested in knowing how your friend found out positively their number was used to complete an illegitimate migration to Koodo?  I don't recall Koodo ever contacting customers via the eligible number ever.  I have received past offers which I took part in and never was I ever contacted via phone number, just email address that I registered for the account.

Oracle

Either way it should be reported to koodo.  They can tracetrac new Koodo account through which number was used I am sure and cancel it out that way

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

@will13am wrote:

@thirstyturtle18, I would be interested in knowing how your friend found out positively their number was used to complete an illegitimate migration to Koodo?  I don't recall Koodo ever contacting customers via the eligible number ever.  I have received past offers which I took part in and never was I ever contacted via phone number, just email address that I registered for the account.

When my friend went to the Koodo webstore and entered in his PM number, it said he had already used that number for this promotion. This happened a day after giving a referral on the reddit site.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Phone number for referral is ok I guess. The Koodo method is way better. But all you need to do is change the migration method. All you need to change is enter PM phone number plus last 4 digits of PM account number. If you plan to port anyways ( as expected ) you would have the account number handy 

View solution in original post

That would work, but still people would end up with your personal phone number. I still would prefer an more private method.

Oracle

@thirstyturtle18 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

When my friend went to the Koodo webstore and entered in his PM number, it said he had already used that number for this promotion. This happened a day after giving a referral on the reddit site.

Got it.  Your friend should definitely pursue this and reverse the theft of the migration offer even if they don't use it.  The guilty party needs to face the music.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@thirstyturtle18 wrote:

That would work, but still people would end up with your personal phone number. I still would prefer an more private method.

Yes but the referral process is supposed to be for family and friends who you likely wouldn’t mind having your number. But I agree something more private would be better

@will13am wrote:

Got it.  Your friend should definitely pursue this and reverse the theft of the migration offer even if they don't use it.  The guilty party needs to face the music.

Yeah, it's more about the principle of the matter. My firend wants to stay with PM anyway...but you never know if Koodo will come out with a deal too good to not take.

Need Help? Let's chat.