cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Based in Vancouver but have Nova Scotian number?

PaulOzz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I went down to London Drugs here in Vancouver and everything seemed to go great, I was given a 902 number for some reason and my phone isn't able to connect to the network.

I am assuming I need to change my number and then it will work. I have checked everything out on my phone and I am 100% sure it will work with the network so this is absolutely a failure on my end with the employee at London Drugs.

How do I change my phone number to a Vancouver based one? Please help! I am jetlagged and exhausted!

9 REPLIES 9

Aantar

I also signed up with Public Mobile a few days ago, but I did it myself online.  I selected from a list of B.C. numbers, and as I've been away for a few years I thought the 902 was perhaps a new area code for th province, and only today realised that it is Nova Scotia.  

I had thought I had made some error, but now that I see someone else had the same issue, I am thinking perhaps it is an issue on the part of Public?

Ta

lstokes
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PaulOzz What London Drugs did you go to? I am a rep for one and would like to know of any issues related to LD.

Cheers,

Liam

@PaulOzz wrote:

... I can't receive a text message activation code because my phone is in Vancouver looking for a network that is only available in Nova Scotia.

I can't even make an account.

There is no such thing as a Vancouver network or Nova Scotia network.  It is all the same Telus network.

As for your have a phone number from a different province, that makes no difference, other than the fact that people calling you might have to pay extra to call you because they are making long distance calls.  For you, it would make zero difference.  In addition, you being a phone number from a different city is not what is causing you not to connect to the network.  You could have a phone number from any city in Canada and your service is still supposed to work.

PaulOzz

My clever girlfriend decided to let me try using my SIM in her phone and it worked... it must be a phone issue. I was able to change the number no problem after.

Thanks guys.. in the end the cleverness of the lady solved this all up.

Double_J

If you are on province wide change your number to a BC number.  However you should be able to receive texts and use data anywhere in Canada even if you are on a province wide plan.

PaulOzz

Province wide I suppose. Otherwise maybe this would work.

PaulOzz

... I can't receive a text message activation code because my phone is in Vancouver looking for a network that is only available in Nova Scotia.

I can't even make an account.

Double_J

Are you on a province wide plan or a Canada wide plan?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@PaulOzz Login to your account and click Change Number. Pick one that you like.

Even with the wrong area code the phone should connect to the network for all services in your plan. Does it?

What is make/model of your phone?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.