cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base plan change

greenerin714
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why, in June when my $50 Base plan increased data . I was never notified, and was charged $50 for 2 GB's less for 5 months!!

8 REPLIES 8

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@greenerin714     Honest, the current $50 plan might be the same price but technically they are different plans.  (Not just PM, many carriers have different plan for the same price , the offering in those plans could be the same but they are in fact different)   

Also,  I assume you didn't have any direct financial lost like you have to buy extra data add-on because of the 2GB short every month since Jun.

Take advantage of the new plan, login to My Account and arrange plan change.  Make sure you select change plan in the next renewal date instead of change plan now.   then start next cycle, you can enjoy some extra data   🙂

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@greenerin714 It's up to you to keep an eye on the current plan offerings. PM won't give you a refund/adjustment for the months you paid for the older plan. PM is a prepaid carrier so what you see is what you get unless you partook in the holiday giveaways, offers, etc. Once you realize PM offers a better plan than your current plan, then switch to that plan unless it has a feature you cannot live without. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Even though price for 'old' and 'new' plan might be the same with very similar features, they are two different plans.

It is up to customer to periodically check offers and adjust/change plans he/she subscribes.

As @darlicious mentioned, PM had $15 plan with Canada wide minutes. Then they changed it to Province wide. I just signed up at that time and was slightly disappointed I did not catch 'full featured' plan. Nevertheless after few weeks PM reversed its decision and $15 plan become again Canada wide. Simple plan change scheduling gave me 'full featured' plan. Win-win and no hard feelings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@greenerin714 wrote:

Why, in June when my $50 Base plan increased data . I was never notified, and was charged $50 for 2 GB's less for 5 months!!

@greenerin714 

Please don't feel targeted like, you were '(edited) cheated'.

This is not uncommon for cell phone/internet/tv providers to have a betterment to their plans lineup, and not automatically give it to you.

You must take action yourself here, but hey - better Late than Never! 🙂

Go into your "Change Plan" option on your Self Serve account and schedule, pick, "Change on Next Renewal Date" to the $50 one. Upon your next renewal - voila - you will have the latest and greatest $50 plan.

🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@greenerin714 

Let me get you all caught up on the plan changes that have occurred this year so you can make an informed decision on scheduling a change plan on next renewal.

On February 16th pm introduced their new province wide calling plans. They were the same price as the Canada wide plans but with unlimited province wide outgoing calling. If you wanted to call outside of the province you were "physically" in you needed to purchase the $5/500min canada wide calling add on.

If you were currently on a Canada wide calling plan you would be grandfathered in as the intent was to add a $5 price increase to  these plans in the near future. Public mobile also introduced a $45/6gb province wide calling plan ($5 more for Canada wide calling) and eliminated the $15 Canada wide calling plan with 100 outgoing minutes and offered it with 100 outgoing province wide minutes instead.

This sudden overhaul of pm's in market plans caused quite the uproar and thankfully after 7 weeks pm announced on April 9th that they had scrapped the roll out of province wide calling plans and the proposed $5 price increase. They also eliminated the $45/6gb plan and brought back the $15/100 outgoing Canada wide minute calling plan.

It was at this time that public mobile decided to increase the plan data allotments of the $35/2.5gb plan to 3gb w/autopay and the $50/8.5gb plan to 10.5gb w/autopay. It was in June that pm brought to market its largest data plan yet.....the $70/15.5gb plan w/autopay which like the $50 plan also includes unlimited US calling from Canada.

Now you know how we arrived at the current in market plan line up from public mobile. Schedule your plan change on next renewal to the $50/10.5gb plan. If you change your mind you can cancel the plan change at any time up until 11:59:59 pm eastern on the night (30th day) before your renewal date.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@greenerin714 

Are you referring to the free bonus 2gb of data July Flash Sale for new PM customers?

During activation of the PM SIM, a promo code was required on the payment page.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@greenerin714Yes it's up to you to review currently offered plans occasionally and compare to your existing plan. I think with all carriers in Canada it's up to the customer to change their plan if a better one becomes available, otherwise your existing plan will continue on in a "grandfathered" state as long as you want, good or bad.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@greenerin714 : Because plans don't change automatically. Imagine the uproar.

Edit: I guess that didn't actually answer the question. I've never heard of them informing their existing customers of changes in features of the same price plan they're on. It's kinda incumbent upon the customer to keep an eye out on what has changed at the service provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.