cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Barely any signal bars with in Ottawa

I thought it might be worthwhile for me to add I have the same phone, I just switched from Virgin to Public last night, and noted the exact same loss shown in the signal strength icon. (4+ bars on Virgin, 1 bar, maybe 2 on Public)

This was inside the house, my wife has the phone today, so don't know how she's found it while out and about.

In my bit of testing last night I didn't notice any problems with the lower signal strength, but did find it interesting.  Maybe something to do with the older phone. Not sure.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Mothman wrote:

I thought it might be worthwhile for me to add I have the same phone, I just switched from Virgin to Public last night, and noted the exact same loss shown in the signal strength icon. (4+ bars on Virgin, 1 bar, maybe 2 on Public)

This was inside the house, my wife has the phone today, so don't know how she's found it while out and about.

In my bit of testing last night I didn't notice any problems with the lower signal strength, but did find it interesting.  Maybe something to do with the older phone. Not sure.

Interesting to say the least. Virgin is Bell and PM is Telus and they both share their towers so why would that be? Maybe resetting the phone to factory defaults and starting fresh would help? 

just an update. I left the office and got the usual bars. So looks like it is poor signal i side my building, but althought I never felt it with my previous provider... i got other colleagues  with poor signal indoor. 

sight. 

thank you all for your help.

@sandpublic wrote:

@Mothman wrote:

Interesting to say the least. Virgin is Bell and PM is Telus and they both share their towers so why would that be? Maybe resetting the phone would help? 

no I think Rogers has stronger signal inside buildings.