cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad port? Not receiving incoming calls.

JKELLEHER33
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I ported my number from SaskTel prepaid.  Having issues with phone services now.  Ported 'successfully' 2.5 hours ago and still not having any luck.  Phone is an IPhone 6 unlocked.

Here is what doesn't work:

-> Incoming calls.  Phone doesn't ring or register that a call occurred.  Person making the call gets forwarded to voicemail right away without any ringing.  Voicemail inbox is full even though I just signed up?

Here is what works:

-> Outgoing calls.  Been testing I can make calls to people.

-> Data.  Been able to do everything without issue. 

-> Texting.  Both sending and receiving SMS and MMS confirmed to work.

4 REPLIES 4

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@JKELLEHER33  Get your Sakstel account number ready and if the port isn't done soon, open ticket with moderators and provide it.

If the text is coming from another PM member the is possible to receive a text while the port is still not complete.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JKELLEHER33 

Since you can send and receive text, your port had completed.  But you plan may not be provisioned correctly.  Try the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan again.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone]
3. Logoff
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to provision your account again. i.e. enable all features of you plan again.

If this trick failed to get thing working again, you should create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.
Moderator wait time is up to 2 days.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@JKELLEHER33  Sounds like the port is not 100% complete yet. I suspect calls are still going to your Sasktel voicemail. To verify insert your previous sim into your device if it still works or means that the port is not complete yet. Just continue to use that sim until it stops working.

Need Help? Let's chat.