cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MelBel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

BONUS2GB promocode

Hi I just activated my account today and after reading that the bonus 2GB data are a one time thing and aren't actually added to your monthly data allowance I changed my plan from the $40 to $50. So does that mean I've lost the BONUS2GB promo? Are you able to add promo codes after activation? 

Accepted Solutions
AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Re: BONUS2GB promocode

@gpixel4 wrote:

@MelBel 

it will most likely stay.

I don't think pm will remove bonus data if you're spending more money...

In the past with many new customer promos they have gone out of their way to say that you will lose a promo if you change down or up in plan price. So it is a risk. 

in this case @MelBel has indicated that the plan change is “scheduled”:for next renewal just under 30 days from now. Thus nothing is set in stone yet. This change can be undone anytime before renewal with no consequence.

I would just keep an eye on your data consumption for the next 25 or so days, see if you use up the 5GB. I don't think the 2 GB bonus is on your account yet? They can be very slow to add bonus things like this, it may not show up until just before or even after your renewal so you should try to limit your data use in any event. If it doesn’t show until next month you may want to cancel the plan change staying on the $40 plan and using your 2 GB bonus in your second month (30 days).

AE_Collector

View solution in original post

All Replies
esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel wrote:

Hi I just activated my account today and after reading that the bonus 2GB data are a one time thing and aren't actually added to your monthly data allowance I changed my plan from the $40 to $50. So does that mean I've lost the BONUS2GB promo? Are you able to add promo codes after activation? 

@MelBel If you just activated on the $40 plan then changed your plan immediately to the $50 plan, then you just lost out on the full payment of the $40 plan for 30 days!

Is this what happened?

What were the terms and conditions of the 2GB bonus promo, do you have a screen shot or link?

Dunkman
Oracle

@MelBel 

Did you change plans immediately?  That would mean that you were charge $40 first, then another $50?  Or did you just activate the $50 plan?

That promo was for new customers only.  

Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB one-time data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $35, $40, $45 and $50 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.

According to the terms, you might lose that 2GB bonus if you changed plans.  See what happens.  Sometimes PM system is not sophisticated enough to detect these things.  

Usually unable to add promo codes after activation.  

MelBel

I changed it for next month to be $50 for 10GB. 

I just found the terms and conditions and looks like I'll lose the extra 2GB next month when my plan changes from my understanding. 

"Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB one-time data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $35, $40, $45 and $50 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice."

MelBel

I changed it for next month. So the extra 2GB data is still on the $40 plan for this month but I guess I will see next month if it disappears. 

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

it will most likely stay.

I don't think pm will remove bonus data if you're spending more money...

Dunkman
Oracle

@MelBel 

I agree that the promo add on is unlikely to removed.  However, if it is removed, you are out of luck since it is under the terms and conditions.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

It's my understanding that the "plan change" restriction may only apply to plan changes downward, as opposed to upward.   The purpose of this wording was to discourage customers from just activating on the mid-range plan (to get the free data add-on), then downgrading to the $15 plan thereafter.

Since you planned a scheduled upgrade to the plan (and didn't switch to the $15 plan...),  I think you'll be fine.

Do us a favor, post the results next renewal so we can all learn from your experience.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

BKNS27
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MelBel 

To get the Flash Sale promo, you are required to enter your email address and when you activate the PM SIM with the same email address to get the free one time 2gb data. The $40 PM plan will give you 4.5gb and if you are on AutoPay you will get an additional 500mb so your total will be 5gb. When you use up your 5g then it will start to use up the one time 2gb data.

The same applies to the $50 PM plan with 10gb plus 500mb of data if you are on AutoPay totalling 10.5gb and when you use up your normal data then it will start using the bonus 2gb.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

These kind of data add on bonuses usually state in the terms and conditions that changing plans will result in their loss especially when downgrading....so the result of a plan change is very YMMV and takes a brave member to risk their add on in (usually) downgrading their plan. With the exception of the odd case most members discover that they keep the bonus data add on.

However when it comes to bonus plan data promos they are almost always universally lost when changing plans....up or down. There is only one user I can remember who managed to buck this trend ( @mynewhome if I remember correctly).

I can confirm the online promocode of BONUS2GB (on $35+ plans)applied on the previous 30 day free credit promotion to this one that ended on April 16th did remain on my referrals account after downgrading from the $50 plan to the $15 plan. But as always when it comes to pm its "Do you feel lucky?" BTW....in this case the promocode was applied by the moderator the day after an in store activation.

Need Help? Let's chat.