cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BONUS2GB promocode

MelBel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi I just activated my account today and after reading that the bonus 2GB data are a one time thing and aren't actually added to your monthly data allowance I changed my plan from the $40 to $50. So does that mean I've lost the BONUS2GB promo? Are you able to add promo codes after activation? 

28 REPLIES 28

Lots of stuff going on here! (A good thing!). Yes if the 1 GB bonus is monthly until (if) a plan change is done in the future obviously that will be much better than the 2 GB add-on that is a single block of data that rolls over until used up. If you can get both even better. @MelBel only problem is determining what the best plan is to avoid having to make a plan change in the near future and lose the 1 GB monthly bonus. A tough call. 

AE_Collector

@darlicious  I saw that already, but they tell you to use two different promo codes in the same advertisement, when you can only add one code at a time during your activation. Where in the advertisement does it say the 2GB data is automatically added now? It doesn't so I wouldn't assume it is. Unless you already asked a mod. Just saying. 

@Quigley 

See here.....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/PMWLS

Edit: I could have sworn this said it was automatically applied upon activation and didn't give a promocode for the 2gb when they added the 1gb promocode.

@darlicious  How do you know that the 2GB is automatically added now, since in the same advertisement it says you have to use two different promo codes?

@darlicious  Yes, I saw that. The 2GB promo even though it says it's not stackable, it still was stackable with the last promo. It's not stackable with the 1GB code because you can only add one promo code at a time. But you can probably stack the 1GB code with another promo that doesn't require a promo code though. You just have to choose which one is more beneficial to you and gives you the best bang for your buck over the long haul!

@Quigley 

Yes but now the 2gb bonus data add on is automatically added to new activations $35+ and isn't stackable and the PMBONUS1GB is the promocode for 1gb of plan data for as long as you don't change your plan.pScreenshot_20210430-201459~2.png

@MelBel 

Hopefully they will do it for you....just explain that you thought they were both the same kind of data so the 2gb looked more attractive and there were no terms and conditions for the 1gb plan data promo. They can definetely add a promocode after activation.

@AE_Collector @darlicious   The extra data is added the very second you add the code and activate your plan . I know having used it on many occasions.

MelBel

Thank you for all your help! I messaged a moderator about changing to the bonus 1GB promo. Fingers crossed! I had my brother as a referral. He's been raving about PM for a while but I couldn't switch until my phone was paid off with my previous provider. I'm loving it so far. Thanks! 

@MelBel 

Excellent choice in both regards!

MelBel

Thank I canceled my plan change and will see if I need the extra data before I upgrade. 

@AE_Collector 

In this case the T and C does state it will be added in two business days so it should already be on the account. I am thinking the OP would benefit more from the 1gb plan data bonus if they decide to try my suggestion. The 2gb data bonus promo is added to the overview page on the left hand side under "my promotions" as far as I can tell from one the accounts I manage who had it added on the previous promotion when it was a promocode and it stayed after downgrading the plan. But as always its YMMV.

@gpixel wrote:

@MelBel 

it will most likely stay.

I don't think pm will remove bonus data if you're spending more money...

In the past with many new customer promos they have gone out of their way to say that you will lose a promo if you change down or up in plan price. So it is a risk. 

in this case @MelBel has indicated that the plan change is “scheduled”:for next renewal just under 30 days from now. Thus nothing is set in stone yet. This change can be undone anytime before renewal with no consequence.

I would just keep an eye on your data consumption for the next 25 or so days, see if you use up the 5GB. I don't think the 2 GB bonus is on your account yet? They can be very slow to add bonus things like this, it may not show up until just before or even after your renewal so you should try to limit your data use in any event. If it doesn’t show until next month you may want to cancel the plan change staying on the $40 plan and using your 2 GB bonus in your second month (30 days).

AE_Collector

Hi @MelBel 

Sorry, no current customer promotions for active accounts.

There are a few ways to get promotions sent (or viewed):

1. get e-mail notifications (and make sure the e-mail is not blocked or somehow marked as "junk" sender)
  2. view the Announcements section of the Community site: HALIMACS_0-1620036345183.png
  3. Refer to the social media feed for PM, see bottom right for options:

HALIMACS_1-1620036432984.png

@MelBel 

I've been thinking about you and your other thread since you posed that question and had assumed you had gotten the free month promotion. I thnk it would be worthwhile for you to contact the moderators and explain that the promotional details for the two data promotions made it confusing as there are no terms and conditions for the 1gb of plan data promotion that is running concurrently with the one time 2gb bonus data add on promotion.

If you think you would prefer the 1gb of plan data promo that you will keep forever unless you change your plan ( so you would likely have to cancel your current scheduled plan change on next renewal to the $50/10.5gb plan.) The promo would give you with autopay 6gb of plan data for $40-$2 autopay reward=$38. I think the moderators may be willing to remove the 2gb bonus data add on (=$30 value) and add the promocode for the PMBONUS1GB to your account.

BTW....did you add a referral code for your bonus $10 referral credit? If you didn't this kind of works in your favour as pm recently moved both of these code boxes from the first and third pages to sit together on the fourth page of the activation portal. A referral code can also be added after the fact but the promocode is an iffy ask so very YMMV depending on the moderator you get....so if you need to add both it will be easy to say you missed them altogether in your "confusion" trying to activate.

If you didn't use a referral code and you need one.... just private message any community member and ask to be their friend 😉 and if they will share their referral code with you. They will be happy to do so. Good luck!

@MelBel wrote:

Hi I was wondering if there are currently any promos that PM members can addon that aren't just for new costumers? Where would you find information if new ones pop up? I just activated on April 30 and from reading some comments I could have gotten the 3rd month free. I don't want to miss out on other offers down the line. 

There isn't anything for existing customers. Those are rare. When signing up, people need to decdie if they like the promo and sign up. 

MelBel

Hi I was wondering if there are currently any promos that PM members can addon that aren't just for new costumers? Where would you find information if new ones pop up? I just activated on April 30 and from reading some comments I could have gotten the 3rd month free. I don't want to miss out on other offers down the line. 

@MelBel 

Thats an interesting choice for a solution as its not exactly correct and there are several others that would be a much better choice including your own. However its frowned upon to award yourself the solution in those cases you just don't award a solution at all and an oracle will come along and award the solution to the best answer and if its you they will explain their reasoning behind it.

If you choose to change your mind on the solution you can do that by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your original post. You can always report back after your renewal to tell us if it stayed or not as thats how we find out if the terms and conditions for each promo hold true or not and why most of us are pretty sure you will keep it ( like the 2gb promo one of my referrals kept when they changed plans and renewed a few days ago.) But they are always YMMV.

sujathad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is a one time add on.  It will not disappear until you use it up.  Even if you change plans.  Bonus add-ons do not disappear until you use it up.  Bonus gets used up only after your plan data is entirely used up for the month.  Hope this helps 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

These kind of data add on bonuses usually state in the terms and conditions that changing plans will result in their loss especially when downgrading....so the result of a plan change is very YMMV and takes a brave member to risk their add on in (usually) downgrading their plan. With the exception of the odd case most members discover that they keep the bonus data add on.

However when it comes to bonus plan data promos they are almost always universally lost when changing plans....up or down. There is only one user I can remember who managed to buck this trend ( @mynewhome if I remember correctly).

I can confirm the online promocode of BONUS2GB (on $35+ plans)applied on the previous 30 day free credit promotion to this one that ended on April 16th did remain on my referrals account after downgrading from the $50 plan to the $15 plan. But as always when it comes to pm its "Do you feel lucky?" BTW....in this case the promocode was applied by the moderator the day after an in store activation.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

To get the Flash Sale promo, you are required to enter your email address and when you activate the PM SIM with the same email address to get the free one time 2gb data. The $40 PM plan will give you 4.5gb and if you are on AutoPay you will get an additional 500mb so your total will be 5gb. When you use up your 5g then it will start to use up the one time 2gb data.

The same applies to the $50 PM plan with 10gb plus 500mb of data if you are on AutoPay totalling 10.5gb and when you use up your normal data then it will start using the bonus 2gb.

@MelBel 

It's my understanding that the "plan change" restriction may only apply to plan changes downward, as opposed to upward.   The purpose of this wording was to discourage customers from just activating on the mid-range plan (to get the free data add-on), then downgrading to the $15 plan thereafter.

Since you planned a scheduled upgrade to the plan (and didn't switch to the $15 plan...),  I think you'll be fine.

Do us a favor, post the results next renewal so we can all learn from your experience.

Welcome to Public Mobile!!!

@MelBel 

I agree that the promo add on is unlikely to removed.  However, if it is removed, you are out of luck since it is under the terms and conditions.  

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel 

it will most likely stay.

I don't think pm will remove bonus data if you're spending more money...

MelBel

I changed it for next month. So the extra 2GB data is still on the $40 plan for this month but I guess I will see next month if it disappears. 

MelBel

I changed it for next month to be $50 for 10GB. 

I just found the terms and conditions and looks like I'll lose the extra 2GB next month when my plan changes from my understanding. 

"Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB one-time data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $35, $40, $45 and $50 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice."

@MelBel 

Did you change plans immediately?  That would mean that you were charge $40 first, then another $50?  Or did you just activate the $50 plan?

That promo was for new customers only.  

Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB one-time data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online. 2GB one-time data bonus will automatically be applied to activations on $35, $40, $45 and $50 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice.

According to the terms, you might lose that 2GB bonus if you changed plans.  See what happens.  Sometimes PM system is not sophisticated enough to detect these things.  

Usually unable to add promo codes after activation.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MelBel wrote:

Hi I just activated my account today and after reading that the bonus 2GB data are a one time thing and aren't actually added to your monthly data allowance I changed my plan from the $40 to $50. So does that mean I've lost the BONUS2GB promo? Are you able to add promo codes after activation? 

@MelBel If you just activated on the $40 plan then changed your plan immediately to the $50 plan, then you just lost out on the full payment of the $40 plan for 30 days!

Is this what happened?

What were the terms and conditions of the 2GB bonus promo, do you have a screen shot or link?

Need Help? Let's chat.