cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: BE PREPARED

I've personally never had a problem porting my own number. Just use the correct account numbers and names. Only a small percentage have problems, and a lot of those are user error. That said, you do need to be prepared for the worst, just incase.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you are right , and is very hard to know exactely how many people has problems , because it seems that many never used a forum and instead of opening a new topic the go with the" me too" witch creates a lot of problems for the MODS, another thing that i see not many members closed their topic when solved

Tags (1)
Mayor / Maire

Once solved most just don't come back, which is their choice I guess
KK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MVP I ported over 3 accounts with no problem. One from koodo and two from telus. I used transfer number feature under self serve. I do, in fact, have same email from koodo. I used the account numbers and made sure that my name was the same as on the accounts. (matters for my parents). I rebooted phones. Almost instantaneous.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SCoker wrote:

Where did you get 2-3 weeks?

Are all accounts in limbo staying there or are they still processing ports and other fixes?

And your account of 0.1% would be 100 people out of 100,000 having issues. Is 0.1% accurate or just some number you pulled out?

@SCoker

I don't think Luddite was attempting to assign an actual number. My read of Luddite's post is that even if problems are rare (such as 0.1%), if issues happen on your line, it's a big deal. So be prepared with options, just in case.

Mayor / Maire

Yes, they are staying in limbo forever @SCoker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MVP

As others have mentioned, activated SIMs are half the battle (if not more). 

Following the tips Luddite highlighted should lead to successful ports. That said, totally understandable if you'd prefer to wait until Mods have dealt with the backlog.

FWIW, our household had two trouble free ports (from Rogers to PM):
- one in late September (forum was not overrun with issues, so helpful posts were easier to find)
- one on November 20th (final day of promo; forum issues galore but research done; SIM had been activated a few days earlier, as suggested in the forum)

Careful data entry cannot be emphasized enough as resubmit of the port request requires Mod intervention. Note: Mods are asking for Account #, so that's a clue to use that one (and skip PIN and IMEI).

While the ports went fine, I can speak to the hazards of not looking closely at the screen: my SIM order included an address typo. A couple weeks went by (during which time I contacting Mods...but they were swamped). Eventually I noticed the typo in the "SIM order" confirmation email and ordered an new one. Oddly enough that one arrived promptly. [smh]

Good luck!

Mayor / Maire

Great summary @Luddite!

I would only add "Textnow" as a suggested app, free calling AND free texts 😃
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite Can I suggest you some modification in your french translation message? It will be my pleasure to help you with the most difficult language in the world!!!

Oracle

@Lieux wrote:

@Luddite Can I suggest you some modification in your french translation message? It will be my pleasure to help you with the most difficult language in the world!!!

Yes, please. Just post it here & I will modify my post. Feel free to make suggestions on any others as well. Just be sure to tag me so that I see them.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.