cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Response Time for Moderator Team to respond?

mikeliu89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There,

I'm a new customer of Public mobile, and would like to port my number from Koodo prepaid.  As discussed in previous threads, the port would require a moderator to do. 

I've messaged "Moderator_Team" 4 days ago (last friday) and have yet to get any response from them.  

So 2 questions:

1.  Is Moderator_Team the correct person to send a private message?

2. Whats the average turnaround time for a private message?

If there's anything I'm doing incorrect for this process please let me know.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ivana  Sorry to hear you're having payment issues.  From your post I'm guessing you have been using a bank issued CC (BMO) and since Nov/2019 it's getting rejected for paying your renewal and the bank has confirmed there is no issue with their CC?  Do you have another CC that can used instead of the BMO one, if you do it might be worth registering that one or try paying with vouchers until the problem can be rectified by PM moderators.

Try clearing all your cache/cookies and use another browser in incognito mode before updating your payment information.  Also remove the old CC completely and you can try re-registering that card again or a new one (if you have one).  Remember to duplicate the billing address exactly as it appears on the CC being registered.  Leave apt# blank and don't enter any spacing for the postal code.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have found contacting a moderator by Private Message to be fantastic. Usually answered in an hour or so. Then you further explain your issue. Provide as much detail as possible and screen prints too and then in another hour or so it’s fixed! Then give them a good review if they send you one. Compared to the other prepaid plan I was on....PM moderators are quick, efficient, and work to your best interest. 

@ivana  First of all, you should have started a new thread of your own, instead of piggybacking on one from April of last year.

Secondly, the autopay issue seems to have hit many people lately, and apparently the prevailing wisdom on these forums, is to NOT rely on autopay, but to log in to your account a day or two before your renewal date, and manually add the funds to your account, either via credit card, or voucher, to avoid the possibility of having this issue rear its' ugly head.

ivana
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm experiencing great frustration.  I am experiencing a response time of excess of two months.  For a matter that was reported back in November 2019.  Is this normal?

I have been using Public Mobile since May and had my account associated to a BMO.  In the recent times, Public Mobile started declining the service and cutting my service every month on renewal.  The frustrating part is that I have spent hours with my bank confirming its not them.  I have this card associated with auto payment with other companies and I can use it for day to day transaction.

In the recent months, I have experienced a roulette of Public Mobile members, like Ana, Claudia_M, Anna, Jenny, Jose, Walter, Gely....the list goes on.  Often bouncing around the matter.  Further with the messaging method with no direct notification via text or email, you really don't know if there is a response until you stop what you are doing and check.

In a synopsis, there was frequent blame on the Bank; who has offered Public Mobile to contact and work to resolve the matter.

Still I am experience service disruptions every month on renewal.  While the plans are priced competitively, the time lost following up on these matters cost time and I cannot keep experiencing this faceless interaction for problems that are likely stemmed from the Public Mobile side, because my credit card has been working the past year for day to day and online auto payments.  Can I get any input, am I the only one receiving this roulette experience in excess of two months?  

Ivana

Screenshot.

image.png

@mikeliu89 wrote:

Port went through this afternoon...literally took 2 minutes.

Thanks Mods for quick turnaround, thanks community for support in the chat.

ML

Happy to hear you didn't have to wait too long and you're all set.  Welcome to PM.

mikeliu89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Port went through this afternoon...literally took 2 minutes.

Thanks Mods for quick turnaround, thanks community for support in the chat.

ML

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mikeliu89 wrote:

Hi There,

I'm a new customer of Public mobile, and would like to port my number from Koodo prepaid.  As discussed in previous threads, the port would require a moderator to do. 

I've messaged "Moderator_Team" 4 days ago (last friday) and have yet to get any response from them.  

So 2 questions:

Yes that is correct.

15 minutes to 48 hours depending on volume.

No. Also here is a good reference to use regarding getting help at PM.

Thanks

@will13am wrote:

Something is wrong if response is taking greater than 4 days at this time.  Ever since the additional moderators have come on board, the response times have greatly improved.  In my recent interactions, I am finding my issues being addressed within 2-4 hours.  It might be worthwhile sending another message just in case the first one got lost in the shuffle. 

Ideally it really shouldn't take longer than a few hours at the most to get a response/fix to an issue, especially for a service based upon online support.  Good to hear that issues are being fixed in a shorter period too (maybe depends upon the compexity of an issue?), however, it is a bit worrisome that it can take several days for moderators' to respond.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Something is wrong if response is taking greater than 4 days at this time.  Ever since the additional moderators have come on board, the response times have greatly improved.  In my recent interactions, I am finding my issues being addressed within 2-4 hours.  It might be worthwhile sending another message just in case the first one got lost in the shuffle. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

As suggested by @dabr , it could take a few extra days as there's been a couple of upsets in the past week for them to deal with. That, and I'm not sure on staffing over a weekend. If you don't hear from them by this evening, send a second message.

Click this to message them.

Good luck.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@mikeliu89 wrote:

Hi There,

So 2 questions:

Thanks

Yes private messaging moderators is the only option to port in your number from Koodo prepaid.  Response time right now can be anywhere from couple hours to several days.  It's taking longer right now because of a glitch that's been ongoing for a week.  Patience is a virtue.

Good luck

Need Help? Let's chat.