cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay wasn't successful and service was suspended

Alissa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I've been a publicmobile customer for a few years now and up until now i've had hardly any issues. This month, for some reason, my autopay did not go through and my service has been suspended. I've tried to contact the moderators with no success! Any suggestions/solutions?

12 REPLIES 12

deputyphil

I had the same issue about a year ago.  Up until that point, there has never been an issue with auto pay.  But for some reason, the auto pay was unsuccessful.  So now, every month on the day before renewal, I manually load up the necessary funds.  This way I still get the benefits of auto pay and never have any issues with suspended service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alissa wrote:

exactly! And i have to pay taxes on the recharge voucher....which seems ridiculous, when the issue is on their end and its costing me more money to buy the voucher than it would be if the auto pay went through like it was supposed to.

You don't pay taxes at recharge. They charge a fee. And then depending on what your provincial taxes might be in comparison...it generally nets out to being a titch less than if you bought it in a store with all the taxes.

But it's nice and immediate rather than running out to find one in some store somewhere.

Alissa

thank you!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alissa wrote:

exactly! And i have to pay taxes on the recharge voucher....which seems ridiculous, when the issue is on their end and its costing me more money to buy the voucher than it would be if the auto pay went through like it was supposed to.

That is wrong. For example if you buy a $30 voucher:

When you buy the voucher you pay the taxes at time of purchase.

When you use autopay you pay the taxes when payment is processed.

So the price is the same.

Alissa

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That will be your next post..." paid twice"....

Alissa

credit card is up to date and I sent a private message to the mod team with all of the necesary info. Will I be charged twice if I use a voucher?

Alissa

Also, I received a few text message that said my payment didn't go through but then I received a second text that said to ignore the first one because they did a manual payment? any idea what that means...?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alissa wrote:

Hello,

I've been a publicmobile customer for a few years now and up until now i've had hardly any issues. This month, for some reason, my autopay did not go through and my service has been suspended. I've tried to contact the moderators with no success! Any suggestions/solutions?

Did you sent a private message to moderator suing the following link?

Moderator wait time is 48 - 72 hours.

Is your credit card expired?

You can call 611 from your phone to topup with voucher and get your phone working ASAP while waiting for moderator.

Alissa

What is the lost/stolen trick?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Alissa, if you contacted the moderator team via private message, they will get back to you eventually.  The response time has gone up hugely in recent times to many days, some reporting as long as 4-5 days.  Getting your service up and running quickly and then dealing with the clean up later as suggested is a good approach. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Buy a voucher from recharge.com or from a store that sells vouchers.

Load up the voucher. If that doesn't work do the lost stolen trick

After  the above You should be up and running.

Then deal with cc issues

Need Help? Let's chat.