cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically paid for a 25$ plan after paying for a 41$ top-up voucher in store.

TheRaz5220
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to get a 35$ plan so I paid 41$ in store and was told it will automatically go into my online account. When I came online I only had 10$ left, so I guess that it just got my last months plan. This is not what I wanted and I really need this to get changed for me please as I do need the extra data on this 35$ plan. Please help.

Cheers,
Noah

14 REPLIES 14

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Any amounts due will come from your balance first even though you have auto-pay set up. 

@Anonymous 

Par for the course....and let me guess the ace in the hole is the first person to copy and paste how to contact the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet another thread of the amazing disappearing OP after the one question. A bunch of speculation and theories later and we still don't know what's going on for the OP. Sigh.

@Luddite 

Nice one. I didn't pick up on the possibility of the account being suspended. If that is the case that works in the OP's favour especially if it was an instant top up. The moderators can make the plan change but I'm not sure they can back date it.  As long as this has occurred in the last day or two it shouldn't be a bug deal to correct it for @TheRaz5220 .

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@TheRaz5220  Changing plans while your account is suspended is tricky. As soon as you paid the $41 you old plan reactivated. Contact the moderators to request they delete the renewal an add the correct plan. Not sure than can/will but worth a try.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@BKNS27 

Scheduling a plan change to occur on next renewal can be done immediately and will lock in the price and features of the plan even if those change or a plan is eliminated before the next renewal. The scheduled plan change can be cancelled at anytime up until renewal.

@darlicious 

Yes thanks, any changes your plan, It should be done at the end of the 30 day period.

@BKNS27 

If the OP does what you have suggested they will be charged again and lose the plan that they just paid for on their recent renewal.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@TheRaz5220 

You can login your account and in My Plan tab click on Change Plan. Click on the plan you want to change it to.

That should do it.

@TheRaz5220 

Just to be clear....with public mobile you manage your own account so you have to do pretty much everything yourself. The guy at the store can activate you and sell you a top up voucher or instant payment but that is about all they can do. You must perform all changes within your self serve account by logging in or calling 611 from your phone that has very limited functions (changing plans is not one of them.) As noted by @Spudster contact the moderators and explain that you didn"t understand how pm works and see if they will change your plan as he suggested. You may find this easier to do by private message....

Then come back to the community when you have time to ask questions and learn how to manage your pm service and account and you might even earn a community reward but better yet you will gain knowledge and self empowerment over technology.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Activation date.
  10. Last couple of phone numbers to call or text you.

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times have improved and are currently about one hour during moderator service hours.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheRaz5220 : Sounds a little confusing. Were you previously on the $25 plan? What was your balance before this happened? Did you schedule a plan change for your renewal? Have you only been here just over a month? Did you turn on autopay when you activated (even though you used a voucher here)?

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TheRaz5220 :Also, posting on this forum is for asking other customers for advice, we can't make any account changed for you, unlike the Moderator Team.

If you want customer service help for the Moderator Team, click the white bubble bottom right or click envelope button top right.

Spudster

Contact the moderators to see if they can do an immediate plan change and apply the credit that you had just paid toward the $25 plan against the $35 plan you wanted.  Make sure they understand that you do not want to repurchase a $35 plan; that you want to use the recent $25 plan payment toward that.  If you let them know it was an error - and ask nicely - they may comply. 

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

TheGx

@TheRaz5220 :Log into your self serve account, you can change plan there and check your billing history too.

Need Help? Let's chat.