cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Date and time incorrect

CooLTanG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So time here is 9:55PM on GMT-7 aka MST, which is where I currently live, when I toggle ON Automatic Date and time, it sets the time to 10:55PM on GMT-5 aka Central daylight time.  Is there any way I could rectify this issue, since it messes up text message timestamps and etc.

Newly came to PM from Bell btw.

Samsung Galaxy S7

9 REPLIES 9

@CooLTanG wrote:

S7, worked completely fine with Bell provider last month.

Have a look at this link and possibly consider trying the last 2 options listed.

https://www.theandroidportal.com/fix-automatic-time-zone-and-dateclock-are-wrong-on-android/

Edit: Just consider the last option. Do not try the battery removal.

@CooLTanG take a screenshot of that menu where your automatic options are. maybe it's the sim causing it. have you tried removing and reinstalling it?

CooLTanG

S7, worked completely fine with Bell provider last month.

@CooLTanG what type of phone are you using?

CooLTanG

Tried all the above to no avail, I don't want to use manual because messages end up looking like this aka:

4:45pm Buddy: Hey (msg recieved at 5:55pm)

4:46pm Buddy: what ya doing? (msg recieved at 5:56pm)

5:55pm Me: Hey 

5:56pm Me: Nothing

This is just how the messages look in the app.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@CooLTanG turn your location on and toggle from automatic, to manual and then automatic again. if that still doesn't change it, then just manually change it on your phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CooLTanG 

Try restarting phone or flipping in/out of airplane mode.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@CooLTanG  Check the timezone setting to make sure it's not manually set. 

@CooLTanG wrote:

So time here is 9:55PM on GMT-7 aka MST, which is where I currently live, when I toggle ON Automatic Date and time, it sets the time to 10:55PM on GMT-5 aka Central daylight time.  Is there any way I could rectify this issue, since it messes up text message timestamps and etc.

Newly came to PM from Bell btw.

I would simply set the time zone of your device to manual, while ensuring that the correct one is selected.

Need Help? Let's chat.