cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated verification text

xavbg36
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,
Since I've been with Public Mobile, I've been unable to receive automated message from my bank, like when asking to verify my identity, or receiving an Interac.

Is there a setting I should check ?

15 REPLIES 15

ILYA

Hi. Problem with automated text from Paypal unsolved. Still can not get text messages from them

xavbg36

Thank you !

@austinhuang wrote:

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,
Since I've been with Public Mobile, I've been unable to receive automated message from my bank, like when asking to verify my identity, or receiving an Interac.

You said "Interac" so I assume it's a Canadian bank. Which bank? Did you subscribe to SMS alerts? Bank alerts work for me (shortcode), but I opted in so you might need to opt-in first. Did you opt-in correctly (If no PM, use "TELUS" as provider)? Also, AFAIK Canadian banks don't text you to verify identity (Unless you mean TD transaction detection?)

Canadian banks do this quite often.  In fact, I cannot get into my TD Bank online banking unless first entering a code each time I go in. They gave me no choice on the matter. After I longed ignored it, one day, they forced me to start doing this.  What this means is that if your phone service is ever down, you will not be able to access your bank account online.

@xavbg36 

Moderators can be contacted in private through this website link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

xavbg36

Is there a Mod I should PM about this ?

This is kinda problematic for me.

Thank you.

xavbg36

What I saw not working so far :

- Interac through text. My friend is on CIBC. I never received the text.

- My French bank (Fortuneo) would send me a text for me to reset my pw.

Both were working on my previous carrier.

Not getting what I need to update. My french bank would do both, text and phone, not sure if it's email to text.

xavbg36

A friend sent me an Interact through text.
CIBC do that.
I did it before, and it worked fine when I was with Fido.

I never received the text from CIBC and he can see the transfer pending on his end.

I also have my bank, in France that send me short code to reenable my pw for example. Again was working fine with Fido

xavbg36

That would be problematic.
It worked fine with Fido before.

xavbg36

Hi @stonechucker ,
Thx for your response.
I'm on a new plan (like a month old) and I have international texting

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@xavbg36  Please let us know which bank. And which Public Mobile plan you have.

Some banks will send out SMS or call your phone. Others may use email notification.

If you had email-to-text notifcation, you will need to update it to something like "5551234567@msg.telus.com" if you changed provider.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@xavbg36, are you on an older plan without international texting (ie Canada-Wide only)?

This may be the issue.  Generally, it's a problem for sending out an SMS (ie iMessage/Facetime registration), but it could possibly affect this also.

@austinhuang wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

Did you tell the bank that you have changed your phone number?

This as well, usually you need to set up again when you change your provider, even if your number didn't change.

I my case, I didn't change phone number when I am with PM and I didn't need to set up again, and I still can receive texts from the bank.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hycm53 wrote:

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

This as well, usually you need to set up again when you change your provider, even if your number didn't change.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@xavbg36 wrote:

Hi,

You said "Interac" so I assume it's a Canadian bank. Which bank? Did you subscribe to SMS alerts? Bank alerts work for me (shortcode), but I opted in so you might need to opt-in first. Did you opt-in correctly (If no PM, use "TELUS" as provider)? Also, AFAIK Canadian banks don't text you to verify identity (Unless you mean TD transaction detection?)

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Some of the shortcodes do not work with Public Mobile.  Especially if the shortcode isn't part of a Canadian listing.

Need Help? Let's chat.