cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay

CarolBudgell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is my service suspended when I have Auto Pay? How do we contact company to speak to someone or who do we email?

26 REPLIES 26

@Anonymous 

You are correct....no extra security measure will prevent an inside job.

@Foxyblbabe wrote:

No service after a suspected hack into my phone 

@computergeek541   can you start a new thread from the attached post downward   -   it's separate from the OP's initial thread

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : Yes we'll see if sim-jacks stop. I have wondered if there's a back door somewhere that people are using. Why don't they change the password while they're there? So I wonder.

@Anonymous 

Why of course I do! 😎 Don't you?🤔 By your reasoning then they should have done this a year ago when the issue first started coming to light not after hundreds perhaps thousands of customers have had to suffer through the stress and possible financial loss of a sim swap fraudster.

Although some customers have fallen victim to this crime due to their own poor personal security of their sensitive information the relatively recent account security breaches at koodo have also contributed to this issue. Rather than trying to save themselves from industry embarassment and customer wrath..... telus/koodo/pm should have taken the bull by the horns a year ago and advised all customers to change their passwords.

If they would allow pm customers to change their log in credientials to a username from their account email  this additional step pretty much solves the entire security issue ( other than adding an optional verification question). If this is good enough for your bank/financial institution's online account security why isn't this incredibly easy to implement step reinstituted and encouraged by public mobile to its customers to undertake?

How many members still use their bank's debit card number for their online banking username log in? If you do....smarten up and change it to an actual hard to guess easy for you to remember username! LedZep1SnodefLepw/1Arm!! then your password...verfication question? And your in!

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : um...do you actually think this place answers to your every whim? That they'll sit up and take notice whenever you beckon?

It's the easiest, cheapest solution for them to do. They've removed other features of the place over time too.

Hopefully, they'll bring it back with a PIN. I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: It was news yesterday morning. Where've you been?

@Anonymous  -  it's just passion speaking, however I dare not speak for the dar 

@darlicious -  this 'should' help to prevent sim-swapping a bit more, shouldn't it - will it erase it, heck no.

My concern would be not being able to check matching SIM's myself and going through all sorts of hoops to secure everything (all for naught) if SIM swapping wasn't the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : um...do you actually think this place answers to your every whim? That they'll sit up and take notice whenever you beckon?

It's the easiest, cheapest solution for them to do. They've removed other features of the place over time too.

Hopefully, they'll bring it back with a PIN. I'm not holding my breath.

Edit: It was news yesterday morning. Where've you been?

@HALIMACS @Anonymous @dabr and anyone else concerned.......

Retraité / Retired
SIM Swap Fraud

*March 8, 2021 Update*

To protect our customers from SIM swap fraud, we have temporarily disabled all online SIM swaps through Self-serve. To change your SIM card, please submit a ticket here

Customer safety and security is our priority, and we are working on permanently securing the online SIM swap process. In the meantime, we recommend that you continue following the steps outlined below to protect against fraudulent activities......

The announcement of this is an edit to the sim swap fraud announcement which most regulars won't see because we typically don't reread the first post of an announcement thread!

@HALIMACS 

F#$*&k are you kidding me! This is dumb &ss move by pm! This makes my life a giant pain in the hip bigger than I already have because public mobile can't implement some already suggested easy security steps! @Melinda_H  and @Alan_K  get off your butts and add the changes I have already suggested to pm a month ago rather than making anyone who has lost or had their phone stolen extra vulnerable to theives and fraudsters. If you can't tell I am MAD!! No notice to your customers I see..... typical pm service!! Private messages from me are forthcoming!!

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@Foxyblbabe 

Log into your account and go to the plans page and click on change sim card. Compare the last 4 digits of your sim card. If they do not match immediately suspend your service via lost/stolen. Change your password and security questions.

Hi @darlicious 

We can't do this anymore (the SIM# check on self-serve).  Public Mobile took that option away from us.  Now customers have to go long hours waiting for Moderator's to confirm SIM matches, all the while sweating it out debating whether they should go and change all sensitive account passwords and stuff.    

@HALIMACS   I just checked and you're right there is no way to check the SIM numbers in the account anymore.  Was this removal (temp. hopefully) announced recently?  I'm assuming they're making some changes for the better but that's really no help for customers needing to quickly see if their SIM card numbers match.

Edit:  I notice there's a suggestion there to contact moderators via SIMon chatbot but it's not a clickable link...very strange decisions!

@darlicious wrote:

@Foxyblbabe 

Log into your account and go to the plans page and click on change sim card. Compare the last 4 digits of your sim card. If they do not match immediately suspend your service via lost/stolen. Change your password and security questions.

Hi @darlicious 

We can't do this anymore (the SIM# check on self-serve).  Public Mobile took that option away from us.  Now customers have to go long hours waiting for Moderator's to confirm SIM matches, all the while sweating it out debating whether they should go and change all sensitive account passwords and stuff.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Foxyblbabe : Can you log in to your account?

This may have happened the night before we learned that the company removed the ability to change the SIM #. Sucks for you. 😞

@Foxyblbabe wrote:

I have nothing since Sunday evening.  I had a message that a chrome system tried logging in and my operating system is safari.  No text, email, calling.  Tried 611 and goes to call failed.

Can you sign into your self-serve?   What's the status of your account display?

Reboot, remove SIM card, replace SIM card, restart device.

Try resetting network connections.

If all that fails, and your account is 'active', contact moderators.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@Foxyblbabe 

Check all your financials. You can also check the short code texts in your daily usage summary to see where a fraudster has been trying to access your different accounts. Paypal is often the first but check your bank and credit cards first. Once you change passwords and secure your accounts then message the moderators. If you have an extra sim card change it in your account after changing your password to regain control of your service without having to wait for the moderators ( but they are fast right now....under one hour for a response.)

Edit: Now that you can't check your sim card or change it just report your phone lost/stolen!

Foxyblbabe

I have nothing since Sunday evening.  I had a message that a chrome system tried logging in and my operating system is safari.  No text, email, calling.  Tried 611 and goes to call failed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Foxyblbabe wrote:

@Foxyblbabe 

Did this just happen? When did you notice it? Can you log in to your self-serve account? If you can log in does it say the service is Active? What happens when you dial 611? Does anything work? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Internet browsing?

@Foxyblbabe wrote:

Have a look at this thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SIM-Swap-Fraud/m-p/650969

Foxyblbabe

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CarolBudgell Check your credit card expiry date on your account to see if it has not expired.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : That's correct for as long as services are working. They aren't.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CarolBudgell it happen to me couple of days ago. If you are on AutoPay, disregard the suspension message. You are near the end of your 30 day plan. This is a normal message during the transition to your next 30 day plan. Everything will be adjusted the next day.

@CarolBudgell wrote:

Is there no one we can email? I don't want to make a payment till I know what is goin on.

It's desperately frustrating, we know.

No one to e-mail as Public Mobile is an on-line only customer service platform.   Only recourse if you wish to 'complain' is to contact the Public Mobile moderators.

In the interim, my recommendation would be to make the manual payment to get your service back, and make sure your card wasn't charged for the renewal amount but service ended for some strange reason.  

If your card WAS charged, yet you still lost service, contact the Moderators to advise as you shouldn't have to make another payment to regain service.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

CarolBudgell

Is there no one we can email? I don't want to make a payment till I know what is goin on.

@CarolBudgell 

Was your account due to be renewed today?   If so, follow earlier advice to apply payment to reactivate.

EDIT:   Please disregard the below information - there is no longer a way for customers to self-confirm their SIM matches the one registered on their own self-serve account - requires Moderator assistance.   See link for more details on SIM swaps:

SIM Swap Fraud (publicmobile.ca)

IF it wasn't scheduled to be renewed, please check the following:

In your self service account, choose Change Sim Card.

Ensure the last 4 digits on the self-serve SIM number match your SIM card to ensure you have not been sim jacked. 

If they do not match, while still on the self-serve account, put your phone in lost/stolen mode and change the password. Then check and secure all your financials.

From, there, contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system - faster response time. Click on the bubble in the lower right corner and request moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket.
  2. Send a private message to the moderator through the following link  here

CarolBudgell

Yes, it won't let me make calls. It was due to take a payment out today.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @CarolBudgell 

Is your service actually suspended, or does it just display that under your self-serve account?  (like the below)

HALIMACS_0-1615295343189.png

There's 2 reasons/potential outcomes:

1. first of all, auto-pay can (and does) rarely fail.   If you're without services, you'll need to make a manual payment through self-serve, or using *611 from you phone, then tap reactivate service to get services back.  You may need to reboot phone afterward.
  2. if you STILL HAVE service but are just seeing the above message saying your service is suspended, it's part of the 'normal' renewal process with public mobile.   Ignore it and if you have service the following day, you're good to go.
Need Help? Let's chat.