cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto text reply on iphone in Caribbean

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'll be on a Caribbean cruise with no US travel pack purchased.
Will I be able to still receive texts when on land?

My iPhone will not be on airplane mode and I'm hoping to keep "do not disturb" on with an auto reply set up. I don't know if the auto reply will send if I don't have a travel pack purchased and no service with the local Caribbean carrier. 

5 REPLIES 5

If you were in the US you might quite likely get many/most of your texts. But highly unlikely in the Caribbean unless you are lucky in a US Protectorate like St Thomas.

AE_Collector

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Consider leaving your PM sim in a second phone in Canada while you are away, so it can do all the auto-replies for you.

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DDM69 wrote:

I'll be on a Caribbean cruise with no US travel pack purchased.
Will I be able to still receive texts when on land?

My iPhone will not be on airplane mode and I'm hoping to keep "do not disturb" on with an auto reply set up. I don't know if the auto reply will send if I don't have a travel pack purchased and no service with the local Caribbean carrier. 

@DDM69 Your Public Mobile phone will not get any service/texts in the Caribbean.  The exception will be iMessage texts if you get WiFi.  Autoreply probably will only work with iMessages when you get access to data (From wifi or a local sim). This is assuming the autoreply will just start to work on your imessages as they start to come in as you connect.  You will not get any other Text messages or service anyways with your public mobile sim while there.  .You will not get charged even if you are not in airplane mode.  

Hope that answers some of your questions

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You'll be able to receive texts but not respond to them unless you get service with a local provider or use Gigsky.  If you have access to wi-fi then you could send texts usings apps like Textnow or WhatsApp.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@DDM69 

You should be able to receive text while on land in the United States without roaming package.   However, the auto-reply wlll not work.  

You should be able to use iMessage while on Wifi also.  

Need Help? Let's chat.