cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto renewal from cash balance?

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do Public Mobile plans auto renew from ones cash balance?  If not how can one set up auto renew from cash balance?

11 REPLIES 11

mohammednadeem5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the info. Hope i wont have to change the SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mohammednadeem5 wrote:

I have enough cash balance (more than required for the month) in my account but i dont want it to be automatically renewed and trigger it manually how do i do that.

@mohammednadeem5

Are you trying to pause your service?

If so, you can use the lost/stolen feature that will stop service and stop it from renewing from any source. But it will finish out your current term. And you only get 90 days. After say 85 days after the end of your current term, resume service in lost/stolen, it'll see your "cash balance" or it'll use autopay and renew and start a new term as of that date. Then do it all again if you like.

If you're talking about autopay then renewals will always take from "cash balance" first and then from the autopay if insufficient. Which is why it's suggested to have autopay enabled but never let it get there by using manual payments or vouchers. That way you get the $2 reward.

@mohammednadeem5 wrote:

I have enough cash balance (more than required for the month) in my account but i dont want it to be automatically renewed and trigger it manually how do i do that.

As nmentioned deselect autopay, remove your CC information from your account and just use your CC or a voucher manually in self serve or by dialing 611.

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

deselect autopay...then add funds manually when you want  😉

mohammednadeem5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ohitora

Thanks, I missed that.

@MacMe wrote:

If you look at the auto-pay page, it says "Any available funds will be applied first".

So yes, it will first take money from any available balance if you have autopay enabled.  (My Account ->Payment->Manage AutoPay)

ohitora

Makes sense - thanks.

It will take from the available balance (and rewards) first.  If there is anything remaining owing, it will then charge your card.

ohitora

If as you suggest I set up auto renew with my credit card would it renew using my cash balance or from my credit card?

You will still need a credit card or visa debit card registered to use AutoPay (ie get the $2/30 day credit).

If you don't have that setup, you should have a button "somewhere" to renew your plan.

I've been on AutoPay since I started, so I am unaware where that button may be.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you look at the auto-pay page, it says "Any available funds will be applied first".

So yes, it will first take money from any available balance if you have autopay enabled.  (My Account ->Payment->Manage AutoPay)

Need Help? Let's chat.