cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto payment credit card holder name

Wynne1975
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my son’s new SIM card earlier today and used my credit card to set up autopay, but the system didn’t ask for credit card holder name. Is that normal? I wondered if the system thought the card holder is my son(mobile account name is his). If so, there will be a problem with the payment.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wynne1975 : It is goofy. Because it would make life a whole easier for folks to just enter in that required information rather than the whole name and address when changing or updating their card.

Wynne1975

Great thanks. I saw a pending charge on my credit card from PM, so I think it worked. It’s really goofy that they didn’t ask for card holder name.

Wynne1975

Thanks all. I will try later.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wynne1975 : Did the activation go through and get paid for? If so, then it worked. But it is a goofy thing that during activation they don't ask for name/address but if you need to do something with the card afterwards, you need to enter all that. Go figure.

For more certainty, indeed test it out with a dollar.

@Wynne1975  if you want to be safe, try to do a manual top-up and see if it goes through

To be really safe, go to the Payment Tab, Manage My Card and Replace Credit card to "replace"/ re-enter the current card you have.  They will ask you for the card holder name when you re-enter.

Wynne1975

Thanks for your reply. But when I activated his SIM card, I also use my credit card and there was no space to enter card holder name.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wynne1975 

Try doing a manual $1 Top-Up... if it works okay, then AutoPay should also process okay.  Keep an eye out for any problems.  If it works okay, I'd leave it... 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Wynne1975   Autopay uses the credit card already setup on your account.  I believe when you set it up, you already put the name there.

Need Help? Let's chat.