cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Pay

ColinT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am new to Public Mobile.  I have registered for Auto Pay but when I look at my account it shows Auto Pay (one time payment). How do I change it to make it a recurring payment?

ColinT

14 REPLIES 14

ColinT

I see. Sounds like a plan. Thank you.

@Lieux wrote:

@ColinT wrote:

Thanks for that.  If I understand correctly, when I am on auto pay then it will charge me  every 30 days but considers it to be a one time payment each time. Or do I have to log on and set it up each months?

You don't need to do that every 30 days. BUT to be sure as @RobertQc says always...it's better to put money each 30 days in your available funds BEFORE the payment is taken ..just to be sure..sometimes the autopay system doesn't work. And you will keep the 2$ credit each month for autopay.Smiley Happy

@Lieux  I do say this often.

"Fair Warning. Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off (by manually adding funds) in advance as this process will prevent the most common and preventable reason that your account goes into suspension with a HUGE pain in the butt complete loss of service."

@ColinT  But you don't have to pay every 30 days. If your plan is $23 per 30 days, you could pay $69 per 90 days. (because of autopay) Or just stick in $276 and be covered for teh entire year, its up to you of course.

ColinT

OK, many thanks to everyone.

@ColinT wrote:

Thanks for that.  If I understand correctly, when I am on auto pay then it will charge me  every 30 days but considers it to be a one time payment each time. Or do I have to log on and set it up each months?

You don't need to do that every 30 days. BUT to be sure as @RobertQc says always...it's better to put money each 30 days in your available funds BEFORE the payment is taken ..just to be sure..sometimes the autopay system doesn't work. And you will keep the 2$ credit each month for autopay.Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ColinT wrote:

Thank you.  I will assume that it is set up ok.  I seem to be seeing different things on the web page than other people. I don't see 'Manage my card' for example. I can stop auto pay and start auto pay but it never asks me what card to charge or whether it is is one time or recurring.

The one time thing is where it's confused. If autopay is set up then that's that.

Pizzaeh has a point with the so-called recurring payment thing that doesn't work here due to not being the same day every month. But the autopay will do its own thing. 

ColinT

@ColinT wrote:

Thank you.  I will assume that it is set up ok.  I seem to be seeing different things on the web page than other people. I don't see 'Manage my card' for example. I can stop auto pay and start auto pay but it never asks me what card to charge or whether it is is one time or recurring.

Manage my card is in orange in the payment tab section. On the picture it's above one time payment section...The card you registered during your activation will be taken. And the system will take the payment until you decide to stop it in the payment section.

ColinT

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ColinT wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile.  I have registered for Auto Pay but when I look at my account it shows Auto Pay (one time payment). How do I change it to make it a recurring payment?

ColinT

As @Lieux has said, you can change your cc details there by clicking 'Manage my card', but  I think the point of your question is to make it a recurring payment for points/rewards on your cc.  If this is what you're trying to figure out, unfortunately, it can't be setup as a recurring payment.  These plans are for 30 or 90 day cycles, so paying on the same day each month wouldn't work.  There is something on the carrier side as well, that doesn't allow it; not clear on the exact reasons.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ColinT wrote:

ColinT

Lower down on your overview page you should see mention of being on autopay. If it's set up then it just is. Don't worry about other text saying things. The site has several instances of confusing text.

@ColinT wrote:

I do see Manage Autopay but when I select it the only option is to remove auto pay not to edit it.

Click on the MANAGE MY CARD in orange ..I think...

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@ColinT wrote:

ColinT

Do you mean you can't see AUTOPAY on your first page of your self serve account and neither in your rewards 2$ ? If not go here in the tab PAYMENT and click here manage aut...AE54E0A8-D9CC-4D0A-913F-F86055F13146.png

ColinT

I do see Manage Autopay but when I select it the only option is to remove auto pay not to edit it.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ColinT wrote:

ColinT

@ColinT when you click on the Payment tab, you should see two choices, One Time Payment and Manage Autopay (if it's setup).

Need Help? Let's chat.