cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization required - Porting from Telus

kyrioke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good day,

I am having trouble transfering my number from Telus. My old number is currently still active and eligible for transfer. However within Self Serve>Change Number, I keep receiving an error stating, "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number".

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

kyrioke

The issue has been resolved, it was as @imcphers and @daredogg said. The authorization box had to be marked off prior to searching for phone number elegibility.

Telus porting was successful, thank you for all your help.

@David_J @Mary_M

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kyrioke

Please send a private message to the moderators with all your porting information so they can complete this for you.  They will be online at 9am EST and should be able to help you out today with this issue.

@Mary_M

We'll take a look and see what's wrong. Can't speak to how long this will take to get fixed as really don't know what the problem is right now.

Thanks for giving us the heads up.

DJ

What @imcphers mentioned is correct, but maybe you need to start over. When you get to that form, click the "I am authorized..." box first before you do anything else. There's some sort of glitch in the form that I'm hoping PM will fix soon @David_J

kyrioke

Thank you for the correction. Since the form shows up before the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number", I assumed you had to fill out the form first.

Thank you for you help. @imcphers

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Make sure yo tick the I am authorized check box first before filling in the form and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.