cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to port from Bell

treestump
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think I activated with Public Mobile today and ported over the number from Bell.  On the phone I can make outgoing calls and use data, but I cannot receive calls or make/send texts.  When someone calls this number it immediately goes to my Bell voicemail.

The text I received from Public Mobile said that I should go to contact us and complete the SIM and Activation form.  Those exact instructions don't work, but I think I went a different route and activated the SIM.  

I'm new to this "community" thing and I didn't see any moderators online to PM.  Can a moderator have a look at my account and see if everything's set up?

@CS_Agent

9 REPLIES 9

treestump

My issue is now fixed.  Thanks.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Good morning @treestump, Could you please confirm if your issue is now fixed?

Awaiting your reply 🙂

Aïssata

hamaida
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@treestump, I just ported my 2 numbers from FREEdommobile, and its took 15 MIN only to use PM network.

I think it better if you can send private message to Moderator team and they will provide you with all information.

Good luck

Muldersarah28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Make sure you have all the correct information from Bell like your account number your phone number and your PIN

treestump

It's quite possible that all that was needed was patience.  A moderator contacted me and by the time that I authenticated, the port was complete and all is good.

Thanks Public Mobile & community!

@treestump wrote:

I contacted Bell and they stated that the port looks good on their side.  They agreed that sometimes they flag a port request for customer contact but this is no the case.  Bell states they did their part and have sent it back to Public Mobile as of 4:xx PM yesterday.  They suggested that Public Mobile needs to flag the port as "complete" and all should be good.  If not, then a re-request of the port may be required.  

I sent a private message to Moderator_Team 3 hours ago but no response yet. @CS_Agent

It's probably just easier for them to submit a new request.  Unfortunately, you have no choice but to wait for Moderator_Team to respond.  There isn't anyone else who can help you with a failed number transfer.

treestump

I contacted Bell and they stated that the port looks good on their side.  They agreed that sometimes they flag a port request for customer contact but this is no the case.  Bell states they did their part and have sent it back to Public Mobile as of 4:xx PM yesterday.  They suggested that Public Mobile needs to flag the port as "complete" and all should be good.  If not, then a re-request of the port may be required.  

I sent a private message to Moderator_Team 3 hours ago but no response yet. @CS_Agent

The contact us form instructions in that text message are out-of-date.  All communication at the account level must be done through private messaging with a moderator.    As for that text message, it is only sent out to customer when a porting request has failed.  You want to double check your Bell account number.  Saying that, I have heard that Bell sometimes does temporarily block ports and will attempt to contact customers who have submitting a porting request.  They sometimes do that so that they can try to convince you to stay and if they did that do that with your account, they will not release the phone number until they speak with you. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@treestump, number ports can take up to 2 hours to complete.  In some instances it can be as long as 2 days.  If you suspect the port has failed, you will need to seek moderator team support to have the port resubmitted.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following knowledge base link for information on contacting the moderator team.  Welcome to Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.