cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempted to activate SIM Card, now system says "Invalid SIM"

swbuds
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I attempted to activate a new SIM (bought from Walmart) through the activate.publicmobile.ca site.

Everything was going well and I was able to choose a number.

But then after I verified payment information, it timed out.

I tried to go back to My Account, but the system says I don't have an account.

And when I go to try to activate the SIM again, the system says "Invalid SIM".

What are my options?

Thanks for the help.

28 REPLIES 28

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@240Chris Did you get a resolution to your issues today as well?

I first attempted ot set up the account on Tuesday around 6pm Atlantic Time. It was the third of four accounts I was porting, all from Telus.

By the time the account was able to send/receive text and data, it was Thursday at 2:49pm Atlantic Time.

The first account took 1-2 hours, the second was less than 5 minutes, and the 4th was less than 5 minutes as well. All of these were processed on previous and subsequent nights. So this was obviously an isolated occurence. The website was sluggish that night, so it may have been in my best interest to wait until another time to sign up the third (and 4th) accounts.

I completed the fourth and final one tonight, so things are working better if it was indeed a system issue.

Chuck 

jbsilvester
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Same here.  My issue was resolved today as well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ChuckYeah   what was the actual wait time you encountered. from submittig to orst message?

My issue was resolved today and I am very happy with the support, from the Community and the @Moderator_Team.

@ChuckYeah 

I have. Thanks.

@ChuckYeah If  you have been having issues since yesterday I think it's time to contact a moderator if you haven't already here is the link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@ChuckYeah If you have "Invalid SIM" your SIM is not properly provisioned by Public Mobile eg giving it a number or knowing what the plan is. "Call failed" just means you cannot call.

Same issue here. What if it says "call failed" what does that indicate?

@240Chris I understand your frustration not a great day for sign up it seems just follow some of the suggestions and wait awhile things usualy fix themselves it seems

240Chris

Its been a few hours now. Browsing some of the posts there is a lot of people with the same problem.  Thats indicating its a PUBLIC problem.  If the problem is not resolved soon I'm going to have to give up and just forget about public

@240Chris You should wait an hour, after a few attempts it will say that

Anonymous
Not applicable

@240Chris  - Wait an hour, and then try again using your browser in privacy/incognito mode.  If that doesn;t work, contact moderators via private message, and they'll help you out.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

240Chris

I'm getting the same run around,  Brand new SIM card and the activation kept failing, so now the it says invalid SIM.  I'm about to say forget it Public and go back to my Telus before the current add ons expire and reactivate the auto renew.  Waste of my time trying to deal with PUBLIC

@jbsilvester Ok I wish we could have found a solution hope they dont take to long but they seem to be a little backed up be patient

jbsilvester

Thanks.  After posting my issue here I already sent a PM to the moderating team.

Just haven't heard back yet.

Ok that would have at least told us if you were activated alot of times if it takes your money during sign and everything goes south after that your account becomes active but not this time here is a link to the moderator https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 good luck

jbsilvester

It says "Not Registered on Network".

@jbsilvester did you try to phone *611 what does it say?

jbsilvester

Nope.  Didn't port.  Activated a new number.

I got to the end of the process, hit submit and got this message:

Generic Error

Oh no! 
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I followed the link but it won't let me log in.  Can't log in, can't start over, already been charged.

@jbsilvester did you port a number over during sign up? if you dial *611 what does it say?

jbsilvester

Except I was all the way through the activation.  My card has already been charged but my phone doesn't work and I can't access my account.

@jbsilvester wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue, except I purchased my card at London Drugs.

Have you been able to resolve this problem yet?

If you've been part way through activation but didn't finish, just wait a bit and then try again (wait an hour).  I would also try loading the activation site using incognito mode if you're using Chome browser.   If that doesnt' work, you'll have to get a replacement sim card.

jbsilvester

I'm having the exact same issue, except I purchased my card at London Drugs.

Have you been able to resolve this problem yet?

@BEB89 wrote:

I got my sim card from Walmart and when I was talking with the lady there she had that if it times out or if you press back space before finishing it may fry the SIM Card

Nothing would happen to the sim card.  She just wouldn't be able to acrtivate it for the next hour and she would have to grab another.

@BEB89 you won't fry the SIM card. It will be physically be fine.. it will just be barred in Public Mobile's database... you might be able to get it working after it times out.. or you can contact the Moderators.

BEB89

I got my sim card from Walmart and when I was talking with the lady there she had that if it times out or if you press back space before finishing it may fry the SIM Card

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@swbuds wrote:

Hi guys,

I attempted to activate a new SIM (bought from Walmart) through the activate.publicmobile.ca site.

Everything was going well and I was able to choose a number.

But then after I verified payment information, it timed out.

I tried to go back to My Account, but the system says I don't have an account.

And when I go to try to activate the SIM again, the system says "Invalid SIM".

What are my options?

Thanks for the help.

@swbuds 

Try inserting the sim card into the phone, is it working? If so use this link.https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If you were charged and the service is not working I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. and explaining to them your issue, but it is more than likely the above will solve your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.