cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danlouie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Are you new to PM?

I ported three phones last week from Telus last week. This is what I encountered:

For 2 of the numbers, the credit card I used went through fine.  However, for the third, the same credit card would not get accepted.  I called credit card company, but they said it was the retailer's end.  So tried, again, still no luck.  Used Visa Debit for the third number and it worked fine.  Will switch back to the credit card later.

2 of phones were iPhones.  Got the email confirmation that the port had gone through.  But the phones with new Public Mobile sim cards wouldn't get on the network until I rebooted the phone with the new sim cards inserted. After reboot, everything worked fine!

For the last phone, it was a Oneplus 2.  This phone would only get on the Public Mobile network for voice and text, but no data.  Even with reboot no luck.  Had to go into Cellular Data settings and choose the Public Mobile APN and afterwards everything worked smoothly with full LTE data.

Glad everything is working and glad to be saving some money on Public Mobile!

Daniel

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That's great news, welcome to the PM family 🙂
ShawnC13
Oracle

Glad to hear about more positive switches.  Most people will only post when it is a bad experience and those of us that have smooth transitions need to let people know as well so that new people considering switching will know it isn't everyone having issues

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Googlie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My vouchers were not applied to my service and my new account is now suspended even though I have paid. There are still major accounting issues. Service should be on for everyone who has paid without begging a moderator. Write a patch against history to get all of these customers active. Thanks.
Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

So, top up and you'll have service
Googlie

Hi Rockdaddy22,

Thanks for the reply. But not everyone can do that. If they have paid for service their vouchers/payments should be applied to the plan or their account should show that amount as available. The moderators are inundated with critical service denied requests when a simple program can rectify this for all. Paying twice for something is not cool.  🐵

Googlie

These suspended on activation accounts have the correct account balance on *611 yet the My Account balance is wrong and the amount due does not reflect the payments made!

Need Help? Let's chat.