cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there surprise charges with PB ?

PabloMobile
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

I have the 25$ plan with autopay, nation wide txt and calls.

I'd like to interrupt my plan for one month so I don't pay for that month since I'm travelling. Can I do it and then recover my old plan after 40 days? Do I get to keep 500mb + 500mb (with autopay) per month when I come back, this data comes with my 25$ plan?

Also, are there surprise charges with Public Mobile?

Thank you very much! 

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

I've had some really great "mentors" help guide me along the way...and a few that can be on my a$$ like grass but it's all good. Read, learn, post and enjoy!

You may want to think about bathing more often if you have grass there. 🙂

@PabloMobile  Woohoo you did it! The learning curve is a little steep when you first join the community but almost everyone is very supportive and happy to guide newbies thru their paces if you really want to contribute. I've had some really great "mentors" help guide me along the way...and a few that can be on my a$$ like grass but it's all good. Read, learn, post and enjoy!

PabloMobile

@Anonymous wrote:

@PabloMobile wrote:

Good question, you might also post a question so we can get some answers. 

Cheers 

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't indicate who you've replied to for regular users. So for everyone to follow some context you would need to use the reply button in the lower right of a post and click Quote above this text box. Or use the @PabloMobile to tag (the @ sign) the person you're replying to. Or at the least even just the username PabloMobile. Otherwise we all have no clue who you're replying to other than maybe possibly the most recent post immediately before yours..

Got it, thank you! 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PabloMobile wrote:

Cheers 

Unfortunately, this forum doesn't indicate who you've replied to for regular users. So for everyone to follow some context you would need to use the reply button in the lower right of a post and click Quote above this text box. Or use the @PabloMobile to tag (the @ sign) the person you're replying to. Or at the least even just the username PabloMobile. Otherwise we all have no clue who you're replying to other than maybe possibly the most recent post immediately before yours..

PabloMobile

Cheers 

PabloMobile

Thank you!

Every day I learn more thanks to people like you! 👍

No charge for deactivating AutoPay (although you'll lose the $2 AutoPay Reward for this billing cycle when you manually reactivate your service).

No charge for your account and service being Suspended (because AutoPay not active and insufficient prepaid funds available in your account balance to pay for your Plan).

No charge for letting your accou t and service remain Suspended. For up to 90 days (at which point it's Terminated and all is lost), although PM billing sometimes seems to take a day or three to get back on track so I wouldn't advise waiting until the last day.

No charge for resuming service which is Suspended. And no charge for the time it remained Suspended, nothing to catch up or backpay.

No charge for reactivating AutoPay.

You don't collect any Rewards ($) when Plan is Suspended. But the time is still counted towards Loyalty Reward. Referral Reward(s) and Community Reward will resume when your (new) billing cycle reaches the beginning of month so you might still collect them (once each) towards your "" Plan if their payouts dates and your resuned billing cycle happen to coincide fortuitously. You also don't usually miss whatever Badges are handed out in the Community. 

That’s a good point. If you stop the renewal from happening and then pay to reactivate it on return from your holiday....would you lose any credits such as referral credits? Probably not I am guessing, they would resume when your plan renews.

How do you actually restart your service, turn on Autopay again making sure the credit card is still registered and valid? Service just starts working in a few minutes or...? 

Terry

PabloMobile

Thank you! 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PabloMobile You can think of temporary change your plan to $10 one in your next renewal. That why you won't lose your reward credit if you have any. Have a fun trip!

Stay Safe!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PabloMobile wrote:

Hi, 

I'd like to interrupt my plan for one month so I don't pay for that month since I'm travelling. Can I do it and then recover my old plan after 40 days? Do I get to keep 500mb + 500mb (with autopay) per month when I come back, this data comes with my 25$ plan?

Thank you very much! 

Before next renewal, turn off Autopay. You're plan will Suspend at renewal date, but you'll have 89 days to renew existing plan. After 90 days, your account is closed and ph number is lost...you'd need a new sim and start a new account all over. There's no guarantee your current plan would be available after 90 days.

chukdefatey

@PabloMobile wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you very much! 

The only surprise charges are the ones customer Authorizes via Auto Pay or the ones customers add via Top up yourself. Other than that there are None

mh1983

I understand wanting to suspend/freeze service, but there's potential hassle as some of the replies suggest. Personally, I wouldn't bother with changing any account-level payment stuff if it's working for you. You could always change to a lower tier plan upon next renewal and then change back. 

I dunno, if it was longer than a couple of months, I might say otherwise, but IMO it's not worth the trouble.

You may be right! @dabr 

@ChuckYeah wrote:

You have to disable your auto pay. I might suggest you remove the cc too but I don't think it's required.

No extra charges but you can only resign up for the plan if it is still offered after the 40 days.

@ChuckYeah   My understanding is that OP can keep the plan so long as it hasn't been changed to something else, and as long as it's activated within the timeframe before being de-activated.

Unless PM has changed the rules that I'm not aware of, of course.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

You have to disable your auto pay. I might suggest you remove the cc too but I don't think it's required.

No extra charges but you can only resign up for the plan if it is still offered after the 40 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@PabloMobile wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you very much! 

Yes just remove your CC card so that it won't be charged and don't change your plan when you leave.  Your plan will get suspended and you have 90 days to renew it before it gets de-activated.

PM is prepaid so no surprises or overages.  You only get what you pay for ahead of time.

Need Help? Let's chat.