cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the MODS Telus employees or just community volunteers?

thirstyturtle18
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was wondering if it is safe to send the MODS details of my account along with other sensitive information. Usually in chat forums like Reddit for instance, Moderators are just simply regular users who have made a name for themselves in the community and are entrusted with extra privledges. With the long delays in getting a response from the MODS here, I am beginning to think they must just be community members who volunteer to help others out and get the perk of free phone service. But I'm a liitle worried just sending MODS on this site my account information unless they are actually Telus employees.

6 REPLIES 6

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dgallen wrote:

@dr-et wrote:

hi dgallen,your request might be adressed within 48 hours,

bur your issue might take more than a couple of weeks to be resolved.

I know they try very hard to get to everyone but still long and cumbersome process.

please be kind and post the time it took for your issue to be adressed and i will do the same

as I am on the second week.

cheersSmiley Happy

I'm now well over 48 hours OOS (since Sunday) but hopeful that I will at least get some kind of resolution on day 3 sometime Wednesday.  Even some kind of response from a mod would be nice. I understand your pain regarding a long term service issue as I couldn't make a call for over 10 days after porting to PM from Fido in 2016 (which I didn't recall the length of until I reread historical emails to mods from back then). 

At least I could receive calls, as opposed to now where anyone calling me gets fast busy and I can't make calls or receive/send text at all.   I'll certainly keep you updated if I get any good news.  Hope you also get some attention to your service issues as well.  cheers.

You need a lot of patience when encountering problems.  Just keep your fingers crossed - when it works, it works and PM is amazing!

dgallen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@dr-et wrote:

I know they try very hard to get to everyone but still long and cumbersome process.

please be kind and post the time it took for your issue to be adressed and i will do the same

cheersSmiley Happy

I'm now well over 48 hours OOS (since Sunday) but hopeful that I will at least get some kind of resolution on day 3 sometime Wednesday.  Even some kind of response from a mod would be nice. I understand your pain regarding a long term service issue as I couldn't make a call for over 10 days after porting to PM from Fido in 2016 (which I didn't recall the length of until I reread historical emails to mods from back then). 

At least I could receive calls, as opposed to now where anyone calling me gets fast busy and I can't make calls or receive/send text at all.   I'll certainly keep you updated if I get any good news.  Hope you also get some attention to your service issues as well.  cheers.

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

cheersSmiley Happy

dgallen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent wrote:

Hi @thirstyturtle18

I can assure you that us moderators are actually employees for Public Mobile.

During our busier times, the delay can go up to 48 hours, but we are doing out best to get to everyone's needs.

Feel free to send us a private message for help, if you haven't. We won't bite 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

Great news, thanks Ashley.   Since I've been completely OOS since Sunday afternoon and sent a moderator request late Sunday night, I'm encouraged that my phone service might be addressed within this 48 hour window you cite!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @thirstyturtle18

I can assure you that us moderators are actually employees for Public Mobile.

During our busier times, the delay can go up to 48 hours, but we are doing out best to get to everyone's needs.

Feel free to send us a private message for help, if you haven't. We won't bite 🙂

Cheers,

Ashley

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are kinda like 4 layers of people.

1. Public Mobile employees as indicated by an orange PM icon next to their username.

2. Public Mobile Moderators as indicated by the blue Mod icon next to their username.

3. Oracles as indicated by a star next to their username

4. Customers as not indicated by anything in particular.

To your specific question, I doubt the mods in #2 are volunteers. I'm not sure of their exact status wrt being paid for their efforts.

The Oracles are fellow customers that have demonstrated immense efforts in being helpful here and have a small amount of extra privileges. They would be what you might be equating to as moderators like in other online fora.

Need Help? Let's chat.