cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps.

whatsupwiththis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on $15.00 pay as you go plan.  Do I have to pay extra to download free apps?

11 REPLIES 11

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I use most apps under wifi. Data just for occasional use when I am outside. It's all personal choice, no offence at all. If people need to use apps frequently, get a different plan with more data maybe makes more sense.

@cat2019 wrote:

I'm on the same page with you. $15 plan with 250MB data. I normally turn off the celluar data unless I'm somewhere without wifi. Also, to save your data, make sure you turn off some of your apps as they might use your data in the backend even when you're not using them. Hope that helps.

Apps let you do stuff on the internet, often in background. If you turn data off, why download them?

cat2019
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on the same page with you. $15 plan with 250MB data. I normally turn off the celluar data unless I'm somewhere without wifi. Also, to save your data, make sure you turn off some of your apps as they might use your data in the backend even when you're not using them. Hope that helps.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@whatsupwiththis wrote:

I am on $15.00 pay as you go plan.  Do I have to pay extra to download free apps?

If you are going to use apps regularly, you should have a plan with more than 250MB. Apps are pointless if you can't use them.

@whatsupwiththis  No you do not pay extra. As others have mentioned you get 250 MB of data of you have AutoPay enabled. Once you used up your data the apps will just not get updated until your plan is renewed.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

No matter that app and no matter what plan you have it will require data from your plan. The only way to not use your data when using them is WiFi. Some apps depending how much content it has such as videos can quickly eat up data that is in the $15 plan. Some apps won't use much data but it all depends what type of app it is. If your weather app is set to refresh very often then it will use more data then if you have it set to refresh an hour or more.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@whatsupwiththis 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right hand corner of this page. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@whatsupwiththis 

The $15 plan has bonus 250MB data with autopay enabled.

You may need more mobile data if you don't have wifi.

Karnbot13

No. You'll use your data to access them until it is gone. Then they won't work anymore unless you're on WiFi. Once your plan renews, the cycle will start over

lukevader

If your plan has the data it will download. I think the $15 plan had 250mb of data if you have autopay. If the app is free it still uses data to download and use it when not on wifi

whatsupwiththis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I'm not on WiFi, do I pay extra to use apps, like weather, maps, etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.