cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way I can rechoose my selected number after a timeout?

chelsealzl
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Hi, I am new to Public Mobile and had a new number chosen during activation. It was available and I got on to the review order page. Before I was able to pay and finish the process, I ran out of time and had to start all over again. I tried to choose the number again but it showed as unavailable. I think it was my previous session holding onto it but I cannot continue the process or choose my number again. Is there anyway I can still get the number? Thanks @CS_Agent
14 REPLIES 14

chelsealzl

@Anonymous wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:

@RossN wrote:

Im glad you resolved your issue it can be rough starting sometimes :)welcome to PM 

It has been great since that! Everything's working as it should. And love the community support!

Yup. Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here.

Except of course if you need help with account/technical issues...whatever... When I was with Telus I rarely ever needed to talk to somebody. Now here not at all.

Yup I think perhaps it's the lack of immediate customer service that some people are not used to. But waiting a bit longer to save quite a bit on phone bills suits me lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chelsealzl wrote:

@RossN wrote:

Im glad you resolved your issue it can be rough starting sometimes :)welcome to PM 

It has been great since that! Everything's working as it should. And love the community support!

Yup. Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here.

Except of course if you need help with account/technical issues...whatever... When I was with Telus I rarely ever needed to talk to somebody. Now here not at all.

@chelsealzl  Welcome I am new here also had a small issue starting  but as you know we are all here to help enjoy!

chelsealzl

@RossN wrote:

chelsealzl

@Anonymous wrote:

@chelsealzl wrote:
So waiting the hour or another day doesn't seem to be able to get the number back. I ended up finding my old provider's account number and kept my old number. I didn't end up contacting the moderators but they might be able to help in similar situations. Happy to start with Public Mobile and thanks to everyone's effort to help! 🙂

Good to hear.

I was thinking maybe it would be similar to the activation errors people get sometimes. I can't say as I've read here that choosing a phone number would be the same idea. So it was a shot in the dark in my case.

I was pretty much thinking tough toodles but I was at least trying to help. 🙂

Yes contacting the mod would definitely be my next best option if I didn't have it resolved!

Im glad you resolved your issue it can be rough starting sometimes Smiley Happywelcome to PM 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chelsealzl wrote:
So waiting the hour or another day doesn't seem to be able to get the number back. I ended up finding my old provider's account number and kept my old number. I didn't end up contacting the moderators but they might be able to help in similar situations. Happy to start with Public Mobile and thanks to everyone's effort to help! 🙂

Good to hear.

I was thinking maybe it would be similar to the activation errors people get sometimes. I can't say as I've read here that choosing a phone number would be the same idea. So it was a shot in the dark in my case.

I was pretty much thinking tough toodles but I was at least trying to help. 🙂

chelsealzl

@chelsealzl wrote:
No, I have not activated the card yet. Thanks I will try messaging them!

@chelsealzl  Please be aware that moderator response time for your issue can take more than 48 hours so trying again in an hour might be your best chance to get that number.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

You may also want to clear your cache in your browser and use ingognito mode and as stated in the other posts wait an hour waiting for a moderator could be up to 2 days or more if they are busy good luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chelsealzl wrote:

Or wait the hour. Seriously. 🙂

chelsealzl

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@chelsealzl wrote:
Hi, I am new to Public Mobile and had a new number chosen during activation. It was available and I got on to the review order page. Before I was able to pay and finish the process, I ran out of time and had to start all over again. I tried to choose the number again but it showed as unavailable. I think it was my previous session holding onto it but I cannot continue the process or choose my number again. Is there anyway I can still get the number? Thanks

The only way is to choose a number now and after to ask the moderator to help you to have the phone number you want..here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 but no guarantee that it will work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chelsealzl wrote:
Hi, I am new to Public Mobile and had a new number chosen during activation. It was available and I got on to the review order page. Before I was able to pay and finish the process, I ran out of time and had to start all over again. I tried to choose the number again but it showed as unavailable. I think it was my previous session holding onto it but I cannot continue the process or choose my number again. Is there anyway I can still get the number? Thanks

The @Moderator_Team (< Click this) might be able to make that happen. Are you activated now with a different new number? If not then you would need to wait about an hour to let that session time out. Who knows...maybe the number will re-appear.

Need Help? Let's chat.