cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any suggestions on a good phone to buy for around $500.00, camera being important. Cheers.

camlafave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

6 REPLIES 6

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Take a look at Umidigi S3 Pro pretty impressive specs covers all the Canadian bands the only drawback is that you need to order it from China.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You find used OnePlus 5 or 5T in your price range.  Both have a decent camera and they run a near stock version of Android OS.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

camlafave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Agreed it pretty vague I feel like theres so many options its hard to pick something. I bought a pixel off of ebay a couple of months ago and then power button stopped working, and wifi wouldn't connect then it just fully ate **bleep**. So i'm a little soured by that experieince I feel like refurbished phones are too much of a crap shoot so, I want to buy new. I'm actually thinking  i'll probably go with a Moto G6 or G7 if it comes out soon. 

@Alex888 wrote:

@camlafave  I would suggest that before you buy one check https://willmyphonework.net/ to make sure it's compatable with Public Mobile, especially if you get it online sometimes one type will be compatible but one specific model won't be.

Also to what @Alex888 mentioned, make sure its unlocked, or locked to telus / koodo

Otherwise your question is way too vague for me to answer. Maybe with some key details like if you prefer andriod or apple, compact or extra large, if you would get used or only want new. Will you buy only from a brick and morter store or look for other options. Do you need a warranty, etc. 

As it stands I say just go to google and type in "phones with best cameras under $500" or "phones with best camera 2017" (if you type in 2019 the phones will probably cost $1000+) or something along those lines there are unlimited suggestions.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@camlafave  I would suggest that before you buy one check https://willmyphonework.net/ to make sure it's compatable with Public Mobile, especially if you get it online sometimes one type will be compatible but one specific model won't be.

Need Help? Let's chat.