cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Moderators out there? I need my Koodo prepaid phone number imported.

hidjk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I joined a few days ago for the first time ever and it told me to choose a new phone number and then import my koodo prepaid phone number afterward. I tried using their system and doing it myself but it dosent work with Koodo phone numbers I guess. I sent acouple of messeges to Moderators but haven't hear back. Is there anyone out there that works for Public Mobile that can help me get my phone number from Koodo? thanks

13 REPLIES 13

hidjk

The Moderator got mine up and running today. Everything seems to be working good now. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

*thumbs up* for the "they should make this easier for those coming from Koodo."

hidjk

Hi yes I'm still paying for Koodo until early Aug and now Public Mobile $40 with 5 GB data. 3g speed is not to bad, I did a speed test on it here where I live and was getting 2 to 3 mb download speed.

They really need to make this easier for Koodo people coming over with there phone numbers. I realize they are both under Telus but it shouldn't be this hard. I have another line with Rogers and was thinking of moving that one over too but not if its going to be let this, and besides its not a bad old plan $55 for unlimited talk/pic-vid-text Canada and 5GB of data at lte speed. but there signal stinks were i live. Lets hope they can fix this for us, my wife wants her old number asap. haha. Take care. 

and thanks everyone for your response.

griffinbell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat as you, but I have only been waiting since yesterday.  Fingers crossed it is resolved soon, as right now I'm still paying for my koodo plan and now the public mobile plan.

@Triguy wrote:
  • If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to the Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.

@Triguy  From the original post @hidjk  has stated that he already picked a temp number and contacted the moderator team.

• If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact the Moderator Team. Since you’re new to Public Mobile,

The OP has stated he is been waiting for two days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hidjk wrote:

Yes both messages were sent to Moderator_Team etc and that’s the name that shows last active date etc. Thanks 

Then that date thing is lying. I know they posted in a thread not long ago using that id.

Edit: This is their profile. July 21st.

@Lar wrote:

Did you message the moderators?  If not then use this link and let them know the problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Lar  Yes, he did. Did you read the original post?

"I sent acouple of messeges to Moderators but haven't hear back."

hidjk

Yes both messages were sent to Moderator_Team etc and that’s the name that shows last active date etc. Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hidjk wrote:

Yes, I did try to contact them two days ago and yesterday. When I click on there name it say last active online ‎04-03-2019 09:19 PM... yikes... thanks though 

You contact the Moderator_Team not individual moderators. That might have been around the time that some moderators departed.

hidjk

Yes, I did try to contact them two days ago and yesterday. When I click on there name it say last active online ‎04-03-2019 09:19 PM... yikes... thanks though 

hidjk

Thanks did all that already but I have been waiting 2 days not two hours now. When i click on the moderators name it says last active online here ‎04-03-2019 yikes... 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire
  • If you are transferring from a Koodo prepaid plan you will need to select a new number at activation, create a Community account, and then send a private message to the Moderator Team here to complete the transfer to Public Mobile.
  • If you’ve waited more than 2 hours, and you’re still experiencing issues, you should contact the Moderator Team. Since you’re new to Public Mobile,

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you message the moderators?  If not then use this link and let them know the problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.