cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Satisfied PM Customer!

Munday
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I joined PM in March/18. I have been a happy customer since, with no issues after my initial port in. My Daughter and Grandson have since switched to PM with no problems. I have been reluctant to have my Wife port over from Rogers due to no roaming options available with PM outside the US. We got notification with our latest Rogers invoice that her special 10GB, $60 per month plan was going up $5 a month in Feb. Since she rarely ever used over 1GB, we decided that now was the time to port into PM.

I picked up a PM SIM at our local Mobile Shop and had everything set up and working in about 2 hrs. We got the 1.5GB (with auto-pay bonus) for $35 plan. Since porting, my Wife has received 2 calls from Rogers trying to lure her back. The very best they can do is 2GB for $48 per month. Ummmm, no thanks. 

I have been reading the post about “Do Not use Public Mobile”. I thought I’d add my 2 cents, and say thanks to PM for saving us lots of money per month with a seamless mobile experience.

21 REPLIES 21

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@johnmacpei wrote:

I'm one of the many happy PM customers. I've been here for a year(approx) with not one problem except the US data thingy but I doubted it from the start. I've brought my 2 daughters to PM as well and they're problem free. Also tossing out kudos for the coverage(phone and data) by PM-Telus in Newfoundland and St Pierre Miquelon...except for the standard "way down in the valleys" (NL has a few lol) outages, it's been super thus far...hats off to you

Nice to hear from subscriber's positive PM experience.

johnmacpei
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm one of the many happy PM customers. I've been here for a year(approx) with not one problem except the US data thingy but I doubted it from the start. I've brought my 2 daughters to PM as well and they're problem free. Also tossing out kudos for the coverage(phone and data) by PM-Telus in Newfoundland and St Pierre Miquelon...except for the standard "way down in the valleys" (NL has a few lol) outages, it's been super thus far...hats off to you

MJ23

Great to hear positive experiences and thank you for sharing. I switched a phone after 15+ years with another mainstream Canadian provider. They haven’t even called to make a competing offer and try to get us back. Happy with PM prices!

Cheers,

MJ23

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@shskr

Oh. I had been under the impression that you were on that $3 plan.

Still nice to hear positive stories though.

As of November I believe they would charge me $3 extra for the first 5 minutes talking. If I didnt talk that month I lose the $3 dollars and next month I get charged another $3 for 5 minutes. on top of the $40/ month. After the 5 minutes my account would get charged $0.15/ minute as usual.

Unlimited talking now I can talk as long as I want. And I do use it to talk now even with cousins in the next province. Before I used it for emergency only.

Do not regret it. Everything is good now and my relatives are switching soon. They're using me as a guinea pig to see if any problem arise.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shskr

Oh. I had been under the impression that you were on that $3 plan.

Still nice to hear positive stories though.

shskr

@Anonymous wrote:

@shskr wrote:

After years with Telus on a prepaid plan. They introduced $3 for the first 5 minutes then after 5 minutes back to .15/ min. 

switched to PM 2 days ago (should of waited til today 01/12/19 to take advantage of the new $0 for the next 30 day. Oh well) The switch/port went seemlessly  and I was up and running in under 10 minutes.

So far so good. Thanks PM

Nice to hear.

They actually pretty much forced you into that plan didn't they? My mother and MIL are on that plan. They barely use their phones so maybe $3 isn't too bad. What made you switch?

Same network coverage but a way better plan. I was paying close to $40 (with $30 add-on for 1 gig data and 250 text messaging). Now I pay $30 unlimited canada wide talk, unlimited international text with picture messaging, and 500 mb 3G data. If I get rewards I can get it down to $0/ month for a phone plan that is insane. So far so good.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@batgurrl

Love the positive stories! Always makes the day for the regulars. Thanks.

batgurrl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had Rogers for a long time.

At first it was a great deal, I added my daughter and son-in-law to my account.

All was going well for quite a while, we were getting 6gb of data and unlimited Canada wide, unlimited texting and the bills were $170 a month plus tax. (we had our own phones)

All was good until October when we noticed that we were getting Data Overage notifications by the 2-7th day of the month.

I turned off all data in November, just to see what would happen.

Lo and behold a Data Overage charge of $50.On the 2nd of the month.

Still had the data turned off in December, and on the 2nd December had another Data overage charge of $50, again in January and  the data was still turned off from my end.

I questioned this with Rogers and was told it 'was an error on their part and would sort itself out just pay the bills as they are and it will rectify itself'.  Hell no!

I want the charges reversed on my bill.

My latest bill from them is $2450.97! Two months worth of data on the 3 phones, and the phone bills themselves.

I would like them to justify this, but they won't.

The very next day I switched everyone over to Public and now we have 15gb of data, unlimited Canada wide calling, unlimited international texting and all for $110!

How on earth can that be beat!

I am telling everyone about this!

As long as you bring your own phone, these prices cannt be beat.

Only took 10 minutes from the sim card being put in to have everyone on line.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shskr wrote:

After years with Telus on a prepaid plan. They introduced $3 for the first 5 minutes then after 5 minutes back to .15/ min. 

switched to PM 2 days ago (should of waited til today 01/12/19 to take advantage of the new $0 for the next 30 day. Oh well) The switch/port went seemlessly  and I was up and running in under 10 minutes.

Nice to hear.

They actually pretty much forced you into that plan didn't they? My mother and MIL are on that plan. They barely use their phones so maybe $3 isn't too bad. What made you switch?

shskr

Munday

@will13am wrote:

@Munday wrote:

It kills me to port out since I worked for Rogers for over 35 years before retiring. They still pay my pension! Rogers also employed both my Daughters, my Brother, my nephew and my Wife’s Step-Brother over the years. 

As we know, PM isn’t for everyone, but we’re satisfied with our price and service.

Oh, this is sort of like biting the hand that feeds you.  Well as a pensioner, we have to be extra careful with the expenses.  I am a bit surprised that Rogers does not offer any kind of discount to employees and pensioners. 

Fixed income you know. Rogers does offer a decent Employee discount, and that continues into retirement, but only for 4 years. After that, retirees are on their own. Good thing I have lots of spare time to shop for deals!

@Munday wrote:

It kills me to port out since I worked for Rogers for over 35 years before retiring. They still pay my pension! Rogers also employed both my Daughters, my Brother, my nephew and my Wife’s Step-Brother over the years. 

As we know, PM isn’t for everyone, but we’re satisfied with our price and service.

Oh, this is sort of like biting the hand that feeds you.  Well as a pensioner, we have to be extra careful with the expenses.  I am a bit surprised that Rogers does not offer any kind of discount to employees and pensioners. 

cin7
@Munday

Ditto to your post!

Decided to switch to Public Mobile as part of last year's Black Friday deal, and had a seamless and speedy port from my previous phone provider.

Didn't used to find the need for data service as plans I found were out of my budget, until I switched. For the same price I was paying before, I get just enough to use when I'm out and about and don't have a wifi hotspot to connect to.

Enjoy!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you for sharing your experience @Munday, we're glad to hear that everything went smoothly for you!

Welcome to Public Mobile

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For me it is a few more months and I'll ascend into the 3-year loyalty club.

That will be $9 discount on my 90 day plan. Together with the autopay of $6 it will make a $15 discount without any work involved. Just perks from Public Mobile.... Now someone try to beat that!

@Munday, you're kidding, right?  No one likes Public Mobile.

We love it!

So nice to see another happy customer in the forums - We need more of us around here!

Munday

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Munday wrote:

I have been reading the post about “Do Not use Public Mobile”. I thought I’d add my 2 cents, and say thanks to PM for saving us lots of money per month with a seamless mobile experience.

A great "Thank You!" for sharing your positive story. I hope some more members come forward to encourage other potential members.

srlawren

Great share, @Munday!  "Not happy with my $60, Rogers?  How about $0 instead??".  Love it.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

popping

@Munday

It is nice to read a post of good service from PM.

Thanks

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Munday, thank you for taking the time to post a postive experience with PM.  Like you said there is a lot of posts with issues but we know that isn't everyone getting started and very few post if they have a positive experience.  So again thank you for taking the time to show that not every activation or account has an issue.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.