cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying 611 Notification

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have set up auto pay with my account using a CC. So far since I have signed up, I've been getting text message EVERY day saying "Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have AutoPay, please ignore this msg.".... And yes I have enough funds in my account that I don't need to be reminded every day.. The message gets sent at 10am everyday.. Is there any way to turn this off?

12 REPLIES 12

Unless this glitch has just moved on to annoying someone else now, I'm thinking it has been fixed. I was getting the heads up messages 5-6 times per month but not since about Christmas Day now which was legitimate as my renewal was on the 27th.

AE_Collector

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mpcdesignThanks, I don't plan to contact them at all and count myself lucky for not being bombarded by reminder messages!

@pmmobile count your blessings. You don't want to contact the moderators for your reminder text message. Since you know roughly when your due date is, why fix something if ain't truly an issue. If you did contact the moderators, you could open a can of worms, and get the other issues of thousands of text messages! 

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There's an obvious tech error but the moderators should be able to resolve it. Daily messages, in error, are annoying.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pogkev  PM's notification system is glitchy at best. I know my payment is due soon, but have not received a single reminder.

I too have had about 5 of these messages so far this month. But, the one I got yesterday is legitimat as I renew tomorrow. These extra messages just started maybe 6 weeks ago? I hope they get it sorted out soon.

AE_Collector

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @pogkev 

That is not normal, something is wrong you are supposed to get only one message just prior to your renewal.

It should be fixed, contact the moderators.

@ChuckYeah is right, you don't want to block 611 

@pogkev I use that message for reminder to manually pay tough I do have autopay set as well. I get the rewards and I avoid possible autopay fail and the suspension of the account. 

@mpcdesign is right. "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!" You may block a message that you want or need to see. @CS_Agent can surely fix this annoying glitch for you.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@pogkev, I strongly suggest not to block the messages. If you do a search within the community forum, a few people have had a similar issue. When they do block it, they end up having thousands of messages on their app. And when they try to delete the messages (in one case, someone tried deleting the messages but it froze the app, and eventually had to do a factory reset). 

Do contact the moderators. You can read up on how to contact the moderators here

pogkev
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have it currently set to hide alerts, but whenever I open iMessage, its still there..

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pogkev wrote:

I have set up auto pay with my account using a CC. So far since I have signed up, I've been getting text message EVERY day saying "Heads up, your payment is due soon. Please ensure that you have enough funds in your account. If you have AutoPay, please ignore this msg.".... And yes I have enough funds in my account that I don't need to be reminded every day.. The message gets sent at 10am everyday.. Is there any way to turn this off?

@pogkev  Add 611 to contacts, then change notification for that contact to none, or no sound, or no popup, whatever you want.

Don't block it just in case, just remove visual / audio notification / mute it.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@pogkev if you don't want the messages, you'll need to block but it should only be once a month. It shouldn't be every day. Contact moderators by clicking question mark for that.

Need Help? Let's chat.