cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Pie upgrade - any issues with Samsung s9plus?

Sbrown917
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Has anyone experienced any issues with upgrade?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

@will13am wrote:

ily a $5 non clear case will hide those hideous markings.  Smiley Happy

What?  An hide that you've bought an overpriced phone for vanity?

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

What are the customers paying the big bucks for?

@will13am for one specific feature:  it has the letters "S, a, m, s, u, n, g"--arranged in that order--located on the unit.  There is a similar phemomenon where people will pay extra for the letters "i, P, h, o, n, e" and a picture of fruit on the outside of their unit.  These two sets are the most expensive letters in the mobile alphabet, apparently.  EDIT: I wonder what kind of paint they use for ararnging these markings?  It must be gold-plated or something.

Luckily a $5 non clear case will hide those hideous markings.  Smiley Happy

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

What are the customers paying the big bucks for?

@will13am for one specific feature:  it has the letters "S, a, m, s, u, n, g"--arranged in that order--located on the unit.  There is a similar phemomenon where people will pay extra for the letters "i, P, h, o, n, e" and a picture of fruit on the outside of their unit.  These two sets are the most expensive letters in the mobile alphabet, apparently.  EDIT: I wonder what kind of paint they use for ararnging these markings?  It must be gold-plated or something.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Sbrown917, what particular issues are you experiencing?  Sam mobile is my go to source for Samsung products reviews.  They seem to say everything good on android pie.  I don't use the brand myself, so no user experience to share.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/12/26/galaxy-s9-android-pie-update-stable-opinion

It is a total shame that Samsung has not gotten with the program and implemented a/b partitions.  It is unimaginable that a top shelf product is stuck in the past.  What are the customers paying the big bucks for?

https://www.xda-developers.com/list-android-devices-seamless-updates/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No visual issues experienced on my bro's regular s9. Night mode looks pretty good. Just hope Samsung starts to throw updates more often than ever before.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
There's so many bugs in it, some you can fix and some you will need to wait for a fix,it's probably better to wait a few weeks/months until they've patched it.
Need Help? Let's chat.