cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

cactus_ch
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I tried to activate my sim card and port my mobile number from wind, and i stuck at "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help" error.  I did research and tried different broswers, and I am still unable to pass this section.  Can anyone able to help me please, thank you in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@lisapinder2007 wrote:

hey there, I am having trouble porting my number from rogers to public mobile I keep getting regex help error.  Someone please help

@lisapinder2007, found a previous post from a Mod on this topic; have a look and see if it helps.

Alternate-Phone-Number-Regex-Help...

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lisapinder2007 wrote:

hey there, I am having trouble porting my number from rogers to public mobile I keep getting regex help error.  Someone please help

Hi. Clear your web browser cache, close all browser windows. After several seconds, relaunch browser, and try it again. Even try a different web browser in incognito mode.

lisapinder2007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cactus_ch

Thank you for your help, somehow i found a way to workaround and ported my wind number over to public successfully.  At first I did not realize after I get a new number, and I am still able to port my number over to public, because at the activation page, it only mentioned get a new number and port later only for Kodoo and Telus (didn't aware even other carriers will also work).

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I get the same error on any broswer of my Windows PC. I guess there is a format issue of the website on some Windows PC.

Try activate the SIM on another computer, a Mac or even your phone. (I did mine on my Mac)

cactus_ch

I took your suggestion and i get another problem, under select new number, and I do not see anything, but a button previous or continous, and i select continous, nothing happen.

cactus_ch

sound great to me, because I don't want to waste a sim card for nothing, thanks for let me know.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No you can port in from any carrier after creating a new number.

cactus_ch

i though only kodoo and telus mobile number can be port later after create an account.  I tried to catch the $40 4GB plan before it expire, I spent whole night and tried to finish port my wind number over, i am in bad luck.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

See below, you might have to contact a mod.  It might be best to activate a new number and then try to port in after you make sure your SIM card is working.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Cannot-Activate-Alternate-Phone-Number-Reg...

Need Help? Let's chat.