cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Phone Number Regex Help

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All,  I tried to help my friend to port the phone from Fido, and encountered an message "Alternate Phone Number Regex Help".  I searched in this forum that it is due to the format is not correct, and I just put my cellular phone number and still no working.  I cannot go to the payment page.  Please let me know if anyone had similar issue before and how to resolve.  Also, long time no see for all the old friends.

112 REPLIES 112

@Mary_M, is there a chance you may be able to help our friend @sarekca get set up with a new PM account?

jadato
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@sarekca if you are looking for a solution to your problem write to @Shazia_K, the moderator, she will help u very soon and will answer all your questions. Good luck.

@sarekca It does seem like a simple enough Javascript issue, yes. But in the meanwhile, our community moderator @Shazia_K can help you get set up.

sarekca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same problem for me. Any news on this issue ? It's a simple Javascript / SSL problem. Should have been corrected for a long while by now. Is Public Mobile still alive or is it just maintained by the community ? The plans are good, but this kind of issue not being corrected after over a 6 months is kind of scary.

jadato

Hi good day, i wait your answer, if u have news about that i'm online rightnow. Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jadato,

Can you please send me your PM SIM card number? and the email address your using for activation?

Please send it to me via private message 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

jadato

Hi, again. Sorry but not work yet, i clear the cahe delete all, and tryed but nothing, i change to my personal pc with linux and the same problem, so what is the next step. Thanks

jadato

ok i go to do that and return. Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @jadato,

I'm sorry about this,

This is actually a known issue that some of our customers have at their activation, can you please delete your web history and clear caches?

Please let me know, if you still have the same error.

Thanks @7789849803 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@jadato Our community moderator @Shazia_K may be able to offer you some assistance with this. While you are waiting for her response, please feel free to private message her with the phone number you are trying to have ported over, or the area code that you want a new number assigned in.

jadato

hi, i have the same problem but more complicate i think, when i try to create a new number (for my wife because my public sim not arrive yet), i can not create the number, the field for area code (Montreal ,Quebec) is empty. and when i try to transfer the nuumber i have the same error (Alternate Phone Number Regex Help) help please.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @vrance,

Thank you for your post. I know that the PM team members, especially @Shazia_K, will be happy to read it.

I hope that your aunt and uncle will continue to be satisfied with Public Mobile.

Cheers!

vrance

Hi All,

I was out of town for a couple of weeks, and when I came back, same issue happened.  I PMed @Shazia_K and she is able to help me to create the temporary account and ported over from Fido.  With her assistance, the abnormal work which normally takes a few days was done within a few hours.  My elderly aunt and uncle are happy with the new service.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @vrance,

I understand, but I can only rectify this issue if I have the account in front of me. Please choose a temporary number and select the plan they wish to have in order to pay and complete the activation. 

Send me the temporary number via private message along the number they wish to port with the account number from the previous provider, it will take me 5 minutes to request the port and it will be completed anywhere from 1 to 3 hours. 

Thanks,

Shazia. 

vrance

Hi @Shazia_K, my friend is in the process of activating the SIM and in the porting page.  Thus, the self serve online is not created yet.  They prefer to port the number right away instead of creating a new number, and then porting over.  They are elderly people, and are not very professional to use the laptop etc. technology, and thus I am helping them to do so.  If you can PM how to fill in that field, and I can help them to continue the process of porting, they will be very happy.  They can still use the Fido service until this is sorted out.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @vrance,

I'm sorry about this, can you please confirm if your friend was able to activate an account online? if yes please send me the temporary phone number that she activated.

Please send me this information in a private message.

Thanks,

Shazia. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Hopefully this can get solved today.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Shazia_K,

Would you please help our friend, @vrance, to resolve the problem at hand.

Thanks.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'll be back around 9am to check and see if we can get this solved for you.

@vrance Yeah, sorry to hear that. You should come back in the morning and see if one of the community moderators have an answer for you.

vrance

Hi @7789849803, I tried as suggested by other thread on similar topics.  The field is only 10 digits, which I cannot add hyphen or brackets for the phone number.  I even copied exactly the same phone number on another thread and still not working.  I tried in on ipad safari, chrome, on the laptop IE 11 and Edge, all browser not working.  I recalled when I ported several months ago for myself and other friends, there was no such issue at all.

Mayor / Maire

@vrance Good to "see" you again! I've never encountered that error myself personally, but I can tell you that it sounds like there was possibly an "alternate phone number" field that was not being recognized by the page as being valid. Possibly you could try entering that number in a different format.

Need Help? Let's chat.