cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Number field not being accepted

Chloe535
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to activate my SIM. Everything works until the alternate number field.  It is not accepted I tried several numbers and used the format correctly

Can someone please assist??

16 REPLIES 16

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Chloe535  Public asks for an alternate number to contact you in the case that they are unable to reach you using your Public Mobile number. 

Enter a number that you can be reached at and make sure it's not the number you are trying to port in.

messages from two different threads have been merged into one 

Sarahmulder28

Just put a Random phone number like 7000000111111

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chloe535 

If this is the porting alternate number then try just activating with a new number to start. You can always port over later.

@Chloe535 This has to be the most stupid thing. Get your self a TextNow number and use that as your alternate number. You can always change it later. Are you trying to port a Koodo prepaid number? Is this your alternate number? Thanks. 

@Chloe535  Try 10 digits, no spaces. ###×××####

@Chloe535 do you have another number that you can use? You can always change it later from within your self service account.

Chloe535

I am just putting in the number there are no “-“ or “(“ or “)”

Chloe535

Please assist I cannot:

1) Activate my SIM as it is not accepting my alternate number in the mandatory field

2) Create an account, it says my number is already in use.  I tried several different numbers with the same response

Please assist I really want to come on board with Public Mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I'm confused too then. They've been mucking around with things recently so maybe this has popped up. will13am's link doesn't have an asterisk. I don't have an alternate number on my account.

So I'm not sure what to suggest.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Chloe535 

PM server is expecting a 10 digits number without any "-", "(" or ")" to separate the area code, first 3 digits and the last 4 digits of your phone number.

I am not sure about the activation form.  But the port number form only accept 10 digits number for the alternate number.

@Chloe535 , try clearing the browser cache and starting from the beginning.  Just to be sure, I suggest following this illustrated activation guide.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Start-Guide-Setup-Activation-Port-Dat...

Chloe535

I’m very confused.  I’m trying to activate my SIM card and in order to do that it asks for a a 10 digit alternate number.  It is mandatory with a red asterisk.  Each time I try it rejects it.  How can I get around this if its a mandatory field??

Chloe535

It won’t let me continue without the number

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Chloe535 You can add it later through the edit profile link in your self service account. If it helps, its a 10 digit number. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chloe535 

It's not a required field if you think it's stopping you from proceeding.

Edit: the porting alternate number is required

Need Help? Let's chat.