cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All calls going to voicemail

davida1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up two days ago and am using on old Blackberry 9900, which I know is not supported. Everything is working fine with the exception that all calls go straight to voicemail (the phone will not ring) I have tried everything I am able in the phone settings, with no success. Does anyone have any ideas?

Many Thanks 

22 REPLIES 22

@davida1 

Welcome to public mobile! Trust me your not the only analog man here....when you run into my @grumpyneighbour  you two can talk apples and androids. Were here to help....dont be shy!

davida1

I just want to say that I am amazed by the feedback (I have received from this forum) to assist me - it is truly wonderful, And I doubt that any other mobile phone forums could, or would, be able to compete with it.

Regardless of my porting problem (the mods are working on it) I will definitely stay with Public Mobile, one way or another. I realise my phone is obsolete and have ordered a new iPhone. When I receive it I will will use it with my PM SIM. I am a real old fart 77 years of age but I still need to have an online presence.

Thank you all, for helping me. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes

David

davida1

Thank You: I will give it a little more time: I think the porting procedure may not  have completed. I will then try your suggestion.

Cheers

DavidA1

@davida1 

If your port is complete and the calls are going to your pm voicemail then try this.....log into your account. Report phone lost/stolen. Log out. Wait 5 min. Log in. Report phone found. Log out. Reboot phone. Test by having someone cal you. If the problem persists contact the moderators.

@davida1 wrote:

Thank you. I have not received any calls. I think you may be correct in that 'porting is not yet complete' I can send and receive text messages fine.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

@davida1  That would only be true if the calls are going to your previous provider's voicemail system. You can easily verify this by putting back you old sim card in your BB and calling your number from another device.

@iliketotalk wrote:

@davida1 wrote:

Thank you. I have not received any calls. I think you may be correct in that 'porting is not yet complete' I can send and receive text messages fine.

@davida1 hi how can you say all calls going to voicemail if you haven't received any calls lol

I think he means the call goes right away straight to voicemail.

This can happen when your phone is turned off, phone not connected to PM network, phone has 'do not disturb' mode enabled or you have blocked some calls, etc.

@davida1 wrote:

@davida1 hi how can you say all calls going to voicemail if you haven't received any calls lol

@davida1 wrote:

If you ported over from a mobile provider 2 days ago and you cannot receive any calls, but you can make calls, you should contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@iliketotalk wrote:

@davida1 Hello do you have do not disturb on in your settings?If you do turn it off and reboot your phone

Or airport turned on?

davida1

davida1

Thank you: I will try that. I do not need voicemail at all and I have  not set it up.

@davida1 wrote:

My phone does not have a 'do not disturb' setting' which is a pain. I have turned off all call forwarding options. I am wondering if it might be possible for a mod to disable voicemail at the front end. note: I have done a battery pull a countless number of times.

Thanks for the reply.

DavidA1

Have your tried restarting your phone?

Make sure you're connected to Public Mobile network. On top part of your display screen, check your signal strength .

davida1

My phone does not have a 'do not disturb' setting' which is a pain. I have turned off all call forwarding options. I am wondering if it might be possible for a mod to disable voicemail at the front end. note: I have done a battery pull a countless number of times.

Thanks for the reply.

DavidA1

@davida1 wrote:

Thanks: I don't need data. I just want my phone to ring when I receive a call. I can make calls and can send and receive text messages with no problem.

@davida1  Maybe unconditional forwarding is turned check this article for more info:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@davida1 here's and article on setting up voicemail on the BlackBerry 9900. 

https://devicehelp.singtel.com/blackberry/bold-9900/calls-and-voicemail/diverting-calls-to-my-voicem...

See if there is something enabled there that is sending all your calls to voicemail. You can also try resetting your network settings and restart your phone.

davida1

Thanks: I don't need data. I just want my phone to ring when I receive a call. I can make calls and can send and receive text messages with no problem.

@davida1 wrote:

Thank You: I have tried your suggestion with no success. I have also tried the suggestions in the two posts below. I have been trying to fix this for many hours, with no success.

Thanks to everyone who replied

DavidA1

@davida1 please provide more info.

Did calls work at one point?

Or did you port your number and never able to receive calls since joining PM?

Can you call out?

Are you able to send and receive texts?

davida1

Thank You: I have tried your suggestion with no success. I have also tried the suggestions in the two posts below. I have been trying to fix this for many hours, with no success.

Thanks to everyone who replied

DavidA1

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@davida1 Hello do you have do not disturb on in your settings?If you do turn it off and reboot your phone

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@davida1 

Try restarting your phone. Are you connected to PM network?

Make sure your call forwarding options are disabled

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/call-forwarding

Anonymous
Not applicable

@davida1 

Did you port/transfer from another provider?

What works? Calls out? Texts in/out? Any data or MMS? I don't think the older BB's work for data.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@davida1, you mentioned that you just ported over to Public Mobile a couple of days ago? It might be that you need to manually choose Public Mobile as the Network operator on your  phone.  

Because the Self-Serve isn't allowing self porting, you may need to contact the moderator team just in case the above doesn't work. 

Need Help? Let's chat.