cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts for new subscribers

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Too many new users are bypassing vital (to their sanity) information when staring up with PM.

So, on the Activation page the message: "Make sure your phone works on the Public Mobile network." needs to be in bold, and the message "This tool doesn't tell you if your phone is unlocked." that appears in the 'click Here' box on the Activation page needs to be added to, and in bold, on the IMEI checker page.

Further, the links to the posts:        We’re sorry, we’re experiencing some issues              and Transferring your number to Public Mobile should be on the Activation page AND in the Our Company is in BETA banner on the PM website.

BTW: the link here  on the Activation page does not go to the IMEI checker only to an info box.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
7 REPLIES 7

Watch for the next great Lab idea!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

First things first: Mansi doesn't use a colander because she's a bot. I recently became aware of that. The knowledge from a colander, combined with a bot's artificial intelligence, has yet to be fully studied by the scientists on the Mother Ship. A preliminary conclusion is that the combination is potent and possibly uncontrollable.

PM, as a company, has its own method of adopting others' ideas. Officially, any ideas to be considered are to be only in the Public Lab area. Whenever I have private messaged an idea, unless it was very very minor, I was referred to the Public Lab, in response. Even if your idea is Beta-centric, the website could be designed to accommodate it, and then redesigned when the official launch occurs.

Where there's a will, there's a way!

FYI.

Martin
Legend
Legend
@imm1304,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

Doesn't seem like a Lab idea to me; more of a fix it unti Beta ends? Besides if I add a response every 3 days it will reappear for viewing anyway. Plus I (we) could private message if that is better? @Martin as Mayor what is the optimum approach? 

Not sure Mansi_G uses a colander?

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @Martin

Since @Luddite took the initiative of starting this topic, lets have him start this thread in the Public Lab section.  

Martin
Legend
Legend
@Luddite and @imm1304,

If you wish to have your ideas/suggestions considered by Public Mobile, I strongly advise that your posts be relocated to the Public Lab.

It is there, and only there, that PM looks for input from users.

FYI.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for this post, it should help avoid some confusion for the new customers.  

Also, a little message in bold advising Telus/Koodo/PC customers to choose an email address different from their email address linked to a Koodo/Telus/PC mobile account.  Something equivalent should appear right by the textbox where users enter their e-mail address when setting up new selfserve account.  

Need Help? Let's chat.