cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alberta has a 911 fee

Cessna150
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just joined publicmobile in Alberta and was wondering if my monthly plan included the 44cent   fee charge.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

I believe the 911 fee is only applied in some provinces, and not in others, and there for the price either includes the fee or does not include the depending on the area code of the phone number.

All plans from Public Mobile are charged the same price, plus applicable taxes across the country.

Agree. 

Provincial 911 emergency services fees are charged to the following provinces on postpaid plans:

NS 43¢/mo,

AB 44¢/mo,

QC 46¢/mo,

NB 53¢/mo,

PEI 70¢/mo,

NL 75¢/mo,

SK 94¢/mo

If PM to Koodo migration promo is offered again, the Koodo $35 5GB plan will cost more for people living in these provinces.

e.g.  for AB, Koodo $35.44 plan vs PM $38 5GB plan.with autopay  The difference is a cup of coffee.

I believe the 911 fee is only applied in some provinces, and not in others, and there for the price either includes the fee or does not include the depending on the area code of the phone number.

All plans from Public Mobile are charged the same price, plus applicable taxes across the country.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cessna150 wrote:

I just joined publicmobile in Alberta and was wondering if my monthly plan included the 44cent   fee charge.

No 911 fee for PM plans. I was with Mobilicity/Chatr before.  There was no 911 fee billed separately.  I may be wrong.  It seems to me that there is no 911 fee for prepaid plans in Canada.  If you were on Virgin and Koodo prepaid, please let us know whether there is any 911 fee on top of monthly plan fee.  Thanks

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Cessna150 wrote:

If my memory serves me right all carriers must charge a 911 fee. PM the 911 fee is built into the price I do believe. Cheers Lemew

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@Cessna150 wrote:

As mentioned by @Dunkman it is included in the plan cost.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cessna150

I am from Alberta also.  No extra fee for 911.  Just pay what your plan charges.  Might be included in the price....

Need Help? Let's chat.