cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Agent who created my account spelt my name wrong

Hey there, the agent at Walmart who helped create my Public Mobile account spelt my last name wrong. Does anyone have any idea how I would go about fixing this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Agent who created my account spelt my name wrong

@gall0285 wrote:

Hey there, the agent at Walmart who helped create my Public Mobile account spelt my last name wrong. Does anyone have any idea how I would go about fixing this issue?

Access self service and change it under My Profile.

profile.jpg

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 create your self service account.  You can change your name from within it. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gall0285 wrote:

Access self service and change it under My Profile.

profile.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Oracle

@gall0285 , incorrect name spelling is not so important since this is a prepaid service with no credit check.  In fact, some people will purposely misspell the name as a protection against fraudulent number porting.  Something to think about.  You might want to leave it the way it is.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gall0285 you can actually change your whole name to something else i.e. Jane May

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gall0285 wrote:

You might actually want to leave it spelled wrong, or edit it so it's spelled even more wrong. 😀 In lieu of a real port protection feature here at PM, it can help prevent your number from being fraudulently ported out, as your name is 1 of only 3 pieces of information needed to port out your number. (Along with 2 of: Phone number, account number, IMEI)

Your name is only used for display purposes in the self-serve portal - the name used for credit card charges is saved separately with your credit card payment information.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gall0285 wrote:

@gall0285 Click here to register your selfserve account then you can go into selfserve and fix it if you wish.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do you have access to the self serve website? 
     If yes, go to your self serve website and log in... in the ‘My Profile’ section, you can edit your name and last name, along with address and other information.