cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Age Requirement

miltondad2twins
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would like bring my teenaged daughters to Public Mobile from Bell Mobility Prepaid.  For Bell because they are under the age of majority their accounts had to be under my name they could only be authorized on the account with my credit card on file for payment.

They wish to port their number so my question is even though I already have an account under my name can I set up new accounts under my name to port the numbers then change the account names only to my daughter's names.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@miltondad2twins wrote:

To facilitate the number porting I'll initially input the my Name in Public Mobile then once the number porting has been confirmed I'll edit the name on the account to reflect my daughter's name.

@miltondad2twins you can, but it's 100% not necessary.  Just open the account in your daughter's name, but on the port request enter your own name as the authorizing user.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

miltondad2twins

To facilitate the number porting I'll initially input the my Name in Public Mobile then once the number porting has been confirmed I'll edit the name on the account to reflect my daughter's name.

@miltondad2twins wrote:

Can the number even be ported successfully if the name on Bell Mobility's records doesn't match to that of the Public Mobile records?

Don't matter if names in accounts don't match.  Name on number porting request only needs match.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miltondad2twins wrote:

Can the number even be ported successfully if the name on Bell Mobility's records doesn't match to that of the Public Mobile records?

Yes.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@miltondad2twins wrote:

@miltondad2twins  You can always change the public mobile records to match bell as this is a pre-paid service and any info you enter at public will be accepted by their internal system. The most important thing would be to know the account pin / account number / account details of bell. The officials at bell / public would be best to answer this question.

miltondad2twins

Anonymous
Not applicable

@miltondad2twins 

If your kids are under 18 and you enter their birthdates, I'd be interested to know if the system lets you proceed.

Minors can't "sign"/agree to contracts. This is a contract.

Please let us know.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@miltondad2twins  you should be ok with just opening the Public Mobile accounts in your daughters' names.  One account for each daughter.  Just input their information, but when setting up autopay you can input your credit card details.  

Just remember to input your phone number when creating the accounts to get the referral credits each month.  Also, make sure you do this before March 31 so you can get the $25 bonus credit for each account, so technically you'd get a one time $50, and on top of that $2 off every month.  Pretty nice deal.

@miltondad2twins wrote:

I would like bring my teenaged daughters to Public Mobile from Bell Mobility Prepaid.  For Bell because they are under the age of majority their accounts had to be under my name they could only be authorized on the account with my credit card on file for payment.

They wish to port their number so my question is even though I already have an account under my name can I set up new accounts under my name to port the numbers then change the account names only to my daughter's names.

You can put the new accounts under your children"s names if you wish.  The sign up process does ask for birthdate, but I see that more as an account verification question should an acccount password be forgotten.  The new accounts could actually be under any name.  Public Mobile isn't going to check.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@miltondad2twins wrote:

Yes you can but you will have to use a different email address for each daughter's account. You can even use their names when opening each account. Once you create each account you can use your cc info for auto-pay.

Need Help? Let's chat.