cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After porting my number from chatr to public mobile, only go to voice mail when calling in?

helei1000
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

dial out is fine. Do I need to wait longer? any idea? thanks.

12 REPLIES 12

helei1000

Looks like it is ok now. I will keep watching it.

helei1000

This morning I called the number using another phone, same thing happened. it says: this cell number you called is not assigned"

Smiley Sad

@helei1000 wrote:

thanks! restarted and problem solved!

Excellent!!Smiley Happy

helei1000

thanks! restarted and problem solved!

@helei1000 wrote:

I messaged the moderator and submitted the IMEI (before I submitted the PIN). Now I got the text message from public mobile, says the transfer request has been completed successfully.

Somehow when I called this number using another phone, it says this cell number is not assigned. Maybe still need waiting?

That means the port has been completed. You should be able to use your PM sim. You need to restart your phone with the PM sim installed.

helei1000

I messaged the moderator and submitted the IMEI (before I submitted the PIN). Now I got the text message from public mobile, says the transfer request has been completed successfully.

Somehow when I called this number using another phone, it says this cell number is not assigned. Maybe still need waiting?

@helei1000 wrote:

Thanks guys. I will keep waiting ...

Normally it takes between 2 - 3 hours. Since it's been 5 hours, I'm assuming you already have contacted the Moderator Team. If there was an issue with the info your provided when setting up the port you would have received a text from PM. Since this is not the case while waiting for the moderator to get back to you you can continue to use your old sim to make/receive calls & texts. Once the port is 100% complete that sim will stop working. At that point replace your sim with the PM sim and you should be on your way.Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

helei1000

looks like the porting is still not completed after 5 hours. The funny thing is I insert the new public mobie sim card into another phone, and called the porting number. Then the two phones both displayed the same phone number.Smiley Happy

helei1000

Thanks guys. I will keep waiting ...

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Number porting can take 2 hours. If symptoms persist, you have a stuck port and will require moderator team assistance to resubmit the port.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.  Good luck, welcome to Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@helei1000- Is that voicemail your Chatr voicemail.  It is normal that calls to your number will still go to the old provider for a while until the number port(transfer) is completed.  Put your Chatr SIM back in your phone to see if it is still active.  if it is, the transfer is not completed.  That said, if it has been more than a few hours, it is probably stuck.  In that case, you will need to contact moderator team via private message to have them re-try the number port.  BTW, your Chatr number is still active?  Right?

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@helei1000 wrote:

dial out is fine. Do I need to wait longer? any idea? thanks.

@helei1000  If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. (or even better you should also be able to stick your old sim card in and still works, keep using it until it stops working, then your new public mobile sim should have incoming calls working). It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time.

If the issue continues (longer than 24 hours) you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators can take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along.  Click this to send them a message they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 8am-12am (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 8AM-10PM (EDT) and its usually within 48 hours, lately much faster.

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.