cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After SIM activation and Phone # porting, I can't receive calls. Everything else works

antoinero
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

After SIM activation and Phone # porting (from Petro Canada) process, I can't receive calls. Everything else works.

I received a SMS from PM saying "Publlic Mobile here : "To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please to to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider"

I guess something went wrong in the Phone # porting.

How can I get this thing resolved ?  Yes I did reboot the phone without and with the new sim.

Regards

13 REPLIES 13

3 days + is the waiting time : https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Vouchers-not-working/m-p/401849

Plan a coping strategy accordingly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@antoinero  hopefully by tomorrow you'll hear back from the moderators and they'll complete the port. This last week the waiting time has been around 48 hand maybe a bit more.  It's a hard way to start a new account but once it's fixed you'll be on your way to saving money every month! 

antoinero

I contacted PM @CS_Agent  yesterday and I'm waiting to receive a reply.

After 24 hrs, I still can't receive call.

The phone number was ported from Petro Canada Mobile.

@antoinero wrote:

Hello,

After SIM activation and Phone # porting (from Petro Canada) process, I can't receive calls. Everything else works.

I received a SMS from PM saying "Publlic Mobile here : "To complete your request to move to Public Mobile please to to Publicmobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form.  Please ensure you provide the correct account number from your previous service provider"

How can I get this thing resolved ?  Yes I did reboot the phone without and with the new sim.

Regards

As @geopublic was mentioning, there is a problem with the nubmer porting, and in fact, the number porting has actually faiiled.

This issue will not fix itself after any amount of waiting.

To add to what instructions about contacting the moderators, I would not even bother looking for that SIM and activation/contact us form mentioned in the text message.  That form for fixing a failed number port doesn't exist.  As to why Public Mobile doesn't fix this text message, that's a mystery.

@kimcmatthewIf you have the exact problem then contacting the moderators is the only solution. Expect to hear from them up to 48 hours.

egg007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@antoinero wrote:

Hello,

Regards

Hi,

I went thru the same process yesterday, porting my son's number from SpeakOut as well.

I'd like to add that after our number was ported, my son was able to call & text out.  However, he could not receive any call / text at all.  The PM rep. called a SpeakOut rep., and told us to wait until the end of day.  He told us that sometimes it just took a little longer.  After about 1.5 hour, everything works.

All the best!

kimcmatthew

I am having the same exact problem, please let me know if/when you find a solution.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@antoinero wrote:

Hello,

Regards

@antoinero It means that there is s problem with the port and PM needs additional information to complete the port. If I remember correctly petro Canada doed not have account numbers so you'll need to provide the PIN number or the IMEI number to complete the port.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@antoinero wrote:

Self service number is right.

SMS, Call out history shows the right phone number.

I guess the port is still in process.

Will I get a SMS if the port fails ?

Thanks

Yes it may be still porting

Try using the old sim in meantime.

Unfortunately you will not be notified if it fails, but it seems to be on a good track so far.

If it takes too long or your old sim stops working while the new one is not fully functional you may consider contacting support

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

If you got that message from public mobile it means you have to contact the moderator_team by private message and ask them to help you with the port and provide the details they asked for

antoinero

Self service number is right.

SMS, Call out history shows the right phone number.

I guess the port is still in process.

Will I get a SMS if the port fails ?

Thanks

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

I believe this is fairly normal. Your number is in the process of being ported. If you put your old sim back in the phone it will likely still work. When the port is complete, which can take from minutes to hours to days in some cases, your old number will be in PMs hands and then you'll be able to receive calls on your new sim. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What does display show when you call?

Sometime port takes hours for VoIP or landline even days.

If it didn't complete yet you'll be able to use your old sim, once it fails the port should be complete.

What dues your self-serve account say which number do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.