cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice setting up a line for my parents

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My parents are on Rogers and I want to port one of their numbers to Public mobile to get the basic talk plan for $20.  However They are not very technical, and don't even have e-mail address, don't use text message etc.  What do you guys recommend to do at the accouint set up page?  Should I create their own e-mail address, use my own address?  I have my own account with public mobile, and I wish there was a way to manage all the accounts from one place.  Is there such a thing?  Or do you have keep track of them all as separate accounts?

3 REPLIES 3

erotavlas
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks, I figured as much.  I'll just have to record everything on paper for their reference. 

And creating the e-mail alias is a good idea, it should help me manage everything. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you use Gmail just add an alias

Ie name@gmail.com, name+mom@gmail.com and name+dad@gmail.com .all go to name@gmail.com.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@erotavlas, thank you for the interest. Actually, you cannot use the same email address as on your account, you should get another one and you can be the one managing their account if you do not mind doing it for them. You may set up the autopay so they are not required to log in each time to make the payment. Moreover, each account/phone has to have its own web self-serve account, so, sorry but I am afraid that you won't be able to manage it all in one place. 

Hopefully this answers your concerns and for further details or assistance, please do send us a private message with the account information. Thanks again for your interest in Public Mobile and considering that this is the first time talk to you this year, allow me to wish a great year 2018!  

Need Help? Let's chat.