cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising/Billing Question

PrimePack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am someone who believes in the no nagging & no advertising world.

I.E If I pay my bills on time I don't need 3 e-mails, 2 text messages, and a letter telling me to pay up.

Just like I don't need ads via e-mail and/or text telling me about a great new phone, or some specail deal.

I pay my bills, you leave me alone.

Is Public Mobile like this?

8 REPLIES 8

@computergeek541 wrote:

@KorthNobody has been replying to this thread for more than 6 months. I do kow that lately, one of the moderators has been doing some organaiztion meaning that some old threads are being bumped to the top of the list of threads.

I see that now that you've pointed it out, lol. Foolish of me to assume "recent activity" would be... ah... recent activity.

@KorthNobody has been replying to this thread for more than 6 months. I do kow that lately, one of the moderators has been doing some re-organization of old messages meaning that some old threads are being bumped to the top of the list of threads.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@PrimePack

You can block all of PM's incoming numbers. Simplest method is to hold-click and "Block/Ignore" each one you receive.

Although, of course, if you block them all then you also won't receive important (non-naggy) system messages and you won't be informed about freebies and promos which are actually worth your attention. 

This has all been discussed before in the community - several times - often enough that it's become evident PM cannot or will not change their notifications. Bottom line is that you can accept them or you can reject (block) them. Or you can leave PM - and from what I've seen you'll likely find every other carrier sends about the same quantity and types of "nags" anyhow, though I don't know firsthand, so good luck if that's the option you choose.

Here's a list of the incoming PM numbers I've seen:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/quot-Public-Mobile-here-quot-numbers/td-p...

@srlawren wrote:

Mark as read from the notification shade, takes 2 seconds.

Many people will complain for hours about how intolerable it is to waste 2 seconds of their time.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Mark as read from the notification shade, takes 2 seconds.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You could try blocking the number that the pm reminder sms are set from or possibly opt out??

You will get a sms every so often about resolving  complaints aswell. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

No ads

All promotions are announced here in community no emails or txts

But they do let you know when payment is coming and ask you to ignore message if you already paid. Also they do let you know that the payment went through and if you did get any rewards they will list it.

So about 3 text per 30days

Edit: 

Also if you refer a friend you will get an sms and also if that friend becomes inactive or leaves so that you don't get surprised with different amount charged from what you expected.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nope.  I get a text message a few day in advance of the payment date.  I also get a message telling me the payment went through.  I find this kind of notifcation informative and consistent with what a service provider should do. 

Need Help? Let's chat.