cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address might be unavailable - notification to get it at the post office

nectartech
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For some reason Purolator have not been able to reach my address (roads might be blocked because of covid) so for this reason I have had to go get my packages at a Purolator pick up location. This might happen with the SIM cards I have ordered from Public Mobile - however, since there is no tracking number, how am I supposed to know that I need to pick them up at the post office (and also, which post office will they be dropped off to)?

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nectartech  are you still getting Canada Post mail?  I think PM most likely sent SIM card via Canada Post, although some reported that they might send via Courier occasionally.

and PM SIM delivery time is expected to be 3 weeks.. if you need it urgently, get it from local kiosk , if you activate with them, they might give it out for free.  Or get it via Amazon.ca for it's 2 days prime delivery

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Too bad this is American. 

“Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the postmen from their appointed rounds.

nectartech

If they can't reach my door though no tag will be left...

barrascuk

@nectartech wrote:

Yes I know for Purolator but since Public Mobile ships with Canada Post I doubt that it will be the same.

Purolator is owned by Canada Post. 

barrascuk

@Meow wrote:

@nectartech wrote:

For some reason Purolator have not been able to reach my address (roads might be blocked because of covid) so for this reason I have had to go get my packages at a

WOW! I have not heard of any roads blocked due to covid. What will be the reason? Complete quarantine?

The way I see couriers deliver stuff in my area - they just dump package on doorstep and go away. So porch pirates might be active.

Here, particularly, the Amazon contractor idiots, prop up the parcel on your front door and take a pic of it and walk away. No door knock or bell ringing. And the pic thing is BS as they can then after steal the package!!! Luckily we have an unattractive set of stairs to climb that leaves the neighbours across the street a better target with only 2 stairs. But the GOOD UPS guy will hide parcel or leave in the basket at the front door...knock or ring bell. That is the Good UPS guy the Bad UPS guy must have worked for Amazon contract delivery. Where is the common sense????

barrascuk

@nectartech wrote:

For some reason Purolator have not been able to reach my address (roads might be blocked because of covid) so for this reason I have had to go get my packages at a Purolator pick up location. This might happen with the SIM cards I have ordered from Public Mobile - however, since there is no tracking number, how am I supposed to know that I need to pick them up at the post office (and also, which post office will they be dropped off to)?

Thanks

I know you said blocked roads. But in the case of Canada Post...are you not on a Community box system? "IF" you have mail requiring a signature they will leave a hang tag at your door....and in the case of lazy Postal workers (or unequipped) they will leave the hang tag in your community box. But as far as I know....PM just uses plain old mail. 

nectartech

Yes I know for Purolator but since Public Mobile ships with Canada Post I doubt that it will be the same.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@nectartech wrote:

For some reason Purolator have not been able to reach my address (roads might be blocked because of covid) so for this reason I have had to go get my packages at a

WOW! I have not heard of any roads blocked due to covid. What will be the reason? Complete quarantine?

The way I see couriers deliver stuff in my area - they just dump package on doorstep and go away. So porch pirates might be active.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@nectartech 

The wait times for PM SIM cards have been roughly 1-3 weeks depending on where you live.  PM usually uses Canada post these days to ship SIM cards.  Usually no notice or tracking number. Just shows up in your mailbox.  

Amazon is the quickest especially with Prime. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@nectartech 

Did you check with Purolatar to see which post office it was sent to? I assume it will be the nearest one to your home.

Need Help? Let's chat.