Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addon

Benjaminsfc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

what addon should i get to call Turkey?

16 REPLIES 16

@BKNS27 

I think TextNow full add free is 12 monthly, pretty expensive.

The lite version is 2.xx which still gives you banners but no pop-ups.

Yes Fongo is definitely better deal and the ads are on the banner only i believe. TextNow used to be like that too when the sim calling was 10/month, the ads became more aggressive after going totally free, they had to make up.

I personally don't mind at all. As long as you can actually switch then off. I've seen some were it takes over your phone for 15-30 second and you can't off the ad is swipe out of it. That's awful, i don't believe anybody keeps an app like that on their phone.

I believe if you put anybody on hold they both okay a tune that sometimes gets interrupted with the message that this call was provided by (the name)

I haven't heard it myself but i was told about it by the person on the other side.

@TheGx On the App Store on my iPhone. The rating for TextNow and TextMe were both at the top. So I download loaded both apps to see which was better and TextMe had constant ads.

@kselmak TextNow charges $2.79/mth for ad free option and $6.49/year for locking in the number. If you don’t make a call or text after a week, there will be a reminder to make a call or text to keep the number.

Fongo has a better deal for ad free fee.

@BKNS27 

If you don't like ads you should consider using Fongo as primary caller on simless phone, you pay one time $7 for permanent ad removal. Unfortunately texts are not free but if you are emulating home phone you don't really care. You can still receive texts tough. TextNow would be good for usa/uk/some other free countries calling and for texting. This is how I do it. A relative doesn't want to bother so his using only fongo buys semi-yearly text subscription and ld add-on that he didn't use up in years cause he hardly ever uses it. I have very chatty family members that i contact so for be TextNow is a saver

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BKNS27 :Yeah too many ads are annoying. Never heard of textme before though, but Fongo and TextNow offer enough without as many ads as you were saying - I have them both on my phones too.

TheGx

@kselmak :Didn't know TextNow was Canadian company, that good to know! Yeah hopefully they can operate in Canada soon!

@kselmak @TheGx I find TextNow is better than TextMe...not as much advertising when you use the app. I cancelled TextMe and switched to TextNow on my spare phone with no SIM.

@TheGx 

Can you believe that TextNow is actually Canadian company and was over of the fastest growing prior to covid.

They are not allowed to operate here as they don't have any towers. They offer totally free text and talk with the one time $10 payment for the sim and i heard that they expanded from usa down to many areas in mexico. 

I heard new crtc rulings are bringing them closer to home

TheGx

@Benjaminsfc :As @kselmak said above, Fongo and others are good, but I like Fongo since it Canadian company - another option is Yak long distance, it not an app it used regular phone lines not VoIP.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Benjaminsfc 

TextNow offers it from 4.7 cents and Fongo from 3 cents. 

You can also consider Telegram, I think that is the most popular communication app there. 

But as the other poster said, you might want to  consider getting a calling card  if you prefer more traditional way to calling.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Benjaminsfc it would be easier for you to download any texting/calling app using your PM phone number like WhatsApp. There was a lot of controversy with WhatsApp privacy policy and the owner Facebook.

You can call all your friends and family on your contact list to Turkey via wifi.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Benjaminsfc  You cannot call Turkey with the current int'l calling features offered by Public Mobile.  You will need to buy a calling card and add it to your account to call Turkey. You can buy a calling card at many stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Loblaws, or variety stores.  As well, they are available online and painless, check out www.callingcards.com

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Benjaminsfc 

Use a calling app with that functionality, if there's one you can find you like. 

Good luck!!!

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Benjaminsfc based on the countries covered by Public Mobile, there is no add-on to call Turkey.

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

RosieR

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Benjaminsfc wrote:

what addon should i get to call Turkey?

@Benjaminsfc ,

The International Addon does not have Turkey on the list, I am afraid:

Intl long distance Add-On included countries:

Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Benjaminsfc : You can't get there from here.

Need Help? Let's chat.